VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Homeward [v1.01] [Love in Space]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Elbonia

I'm only leaving 5 stars to counter out the idiot who downloaded a visual novel and then got upset that it's a visual novel. 3 stars is about where this title belongs.

This is an early VN by Love In Space (more well-known for Sunrider and Shining Song Starnova). It's definitely pretty rough compared to their newer titles. The art isn't great and all 3 routes explore pretty much the same core themes in exactly the same way.

But those core themes are pretty good and you don't really see many VNs touch on this particular struggle (finding a sense of belonging and national identity when you're forced to move from country to country). It's a nice little VN that will make you feel some things and kill a few hours for you. Worth trying out, especially since it's freeware.

If you're just in it for the H content, don't bother. It's nothing to write home about.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Bugbear32

I like a slow burn. I prefer it when games let you get to know the characters. But this is ridiculous. I got bored pretty quickly and sat here with my finger holding down Ctrl to fast forward for about twenty minutes and was asked to make exactly one decision in that entire time. This is not a game, it's a movie that pauses itself every two seconds.