Honey Select 2 - 2 years later. Did the mods catch up?

Dec 22, 2022
Hey so I just heard about HS2. Besides the game name being a confusing with the DXs, Unlimiteds, Libidos, etc and its 500 parts to download,

The more interesting confusion occured in regards to modding. As far as I've read up on, the actual games are different like this, HS1: anime-esque. HS2: More 3d, slightly more choice in character creation.

But most posts I've stumbled on were on about mods leading me to believe mods are the centerpoint of attention of all this commotion. Every post would say HS1 has 6 years of modding behind them and that's why they prefer the predecessor. Those posts are usually 2 years old when HS2 just came out. So, after giving it 2 years time, how's HS2 doing now? Did it catch up entirely with HS1's mods or just enough? Maybe it didn't get any mods or is still really scarce?

Btw which version is the one I wanna download I'm still confused ._. why are there so many parts to HS2 :(

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
When I looked into it at the start of 2022...not really. But then I was searching for fantasy/medieval stuff. A lot of the mods are released for both versions, so the number of HS1 mods available grow too.

I am , like you, interested by the answer of those who have more experience with HS2 than I have.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
HS2 is already miles ahead in terms of things you can do and renderings. There is better mod support with much better developed mods.
The only difference is HS1 still has an edge in terms of map variety, if you can set up SEGI and lighting correctly.