Honey Select 2 possible "movie"/short animations made?

HS1 vs HS2

• Total voters

.Nemo.

May 19, 2017
Hello.
I was wondering if it would be possible to make short animations/short episode like animations in Honey Select 2? Is it better than Honey Select 1 mod vise. Is there more options than Honey Select 1 animation vise and so on.
I hope you get what I mean.
What do you think about this? I need opinions :D
Is it even possible to do this in Honey Select at all?
Like I would need lots of map options and clothes options and accessory options to add lots of characters. And the animations would be about 2 to 5 minutes longs.
The animations that I would be trying to make are not all h based :D
I legit would like to make story based animations. Is it POSSIBLE?

Nov 21, 2020
Is it possible? Yes. Is it worth it? Perhaps.

HS1 has more mods simply due to the fact that it's the first game to be released. However, the graphics require some work to bypass the dated look.
HS2 looks better overall but there are obviously less mods to choose from since it was released later. That means less maps, clothes and animations.

HS2 also has the benefit of being supported by BetterRepack and KKManager. Using KKManager gives you new mods periodically and updates to older ones.

As for animation, HS1 has VNGE and Timeline while HS2 has VNGE and Timeline is being developed/adapted (last time I checked).

Reactions: .Nemo.

.Nemo.

May 19, 2017
Is it possible? Yes. Is it worth it? Perhaps.

HS1 has more mods simply due to the fact that it's the first game to be released. However, the graphics require some work to bypass the dated look.
HS2 looks better overall but there are obviously less mods to choose from since it was released later. That means less maps, clothes and animations.

HS2 also has the benefit of being supported by BetterRepack and KKManager. Using KKManager gives you new mods periodically and updates to older ones.

As for animation, HS1 has VNGE and Timeline while HS2 has VNGE and Timeline is being developed/adapted (last time I checked).
I see.
Are there sites for HS2 mods like Roy12 Mods and Brang's Customization?
The mods I'm most interested are clothes, clothes physics and maps.(I think that's the only thing I need lol).
I've found ClothColliders if you've heard/seen that mod and I think it would be a huge game changer to animations but if I've read correctly, it only works on AIS and HS2, not HS1 which is really disappointing.
In your opinion, what is better to use, VNGE or Timeline?
And also thank you for the reply :)

Nov 21, 2020
I see.
Are there sites for HS2 mods like Roy12 Mods and Brang's Customization?
The mods I'm most interested are clothes, clothes physics and maps.(I think that's the only thing I need lol).
I've found ClothColliders if you've heard/seen that mod and I think it would be a huge game changer to animations but if I've read correctly, it only works on AIS and HS2, not HS1 which is really disappointing.
In your opinion, what is better to use, VNGE or Timeline?
And also thank you for the reply :)
I'm not sure about sites, but the Illusion Soft community Discord server has channels dedicated to both HS and HS2 characters, mods, scenes and coordinates.

In my opinion Timeline is easier to use and it seems like most people agree. VNGE is a bit more complicated but in essence the animations are done similarly. Last time I checked someone was making an unofficial port of Timeline for HS2 and it was working pretty well.

.Nemo.

May 19, 2017
I'm not sure about sites, but the Illusion Soft community Discord server has channels dedicated to both HS and HS2 characters, mods, scenes and coordinates.

In my opinion Timeline is easier to use and it seems like most people agree. VNGE is a bit more complicated but in essence the animations are done similarly. Last time I checked someone was making an unofficial port of Timeline for HS2 and it was working pretty well.
Ok. Thank you very much. Can you provide me the link for the discord server? I can't seem to find it. The one I found says that the invite is invalid.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018

Timeline port was dropped for HS2, it's incomplete and buggy. You can use VNGE, but it has a horrible UI and it's just that good compared to the timeline.
You should learn blender for making short videos tho.

Nunu312

Smut Peddler
Game Developer
Jul 25, 2018
As a person who never quite got their head around the HS2 plugin scene but wanted animations... I went with the unholy idea of OBS. Then rather fittingly for this I finish it off in "WebM for Retards".

... It works but you're never going to get the best quality video out of it...

.Nemo.

May 19, 2017
Timeline port was dropped for HS2, it's incomplete and buggy. You can use VNGE, but it has a horrible UI and it's just that good compared to the timeline.
You should learn blender for making short videos tho.
Blender? Can you import models from HS into Blender?
I'll see what I can make with HS only, never really tried anything in HS. I just had an idea of a story and wanted to make something. Since I can't draw or make models from scratch, and to learn all this is too time consuming for something that very likely won't even pay off in anyway :D, I decided to do this in HS, so hopefully I'll be able to make SOMETHING.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Blender? Can you import models from HS into Blender?
I'll see what I can make with HS only, never really tried anything in HS. I just had an idea of a story and wanted to make something. Since I can't draw or make models from scratch, and to learn all this is too time consuming for something that very likely won't even pay off in anyway :D, I decided to do this in HS, so hopefully I'll be able to make SOMETHING.
Blender would require to know how to rig a model etc. For simple hobby stuff, maybe you're better learning something easier, but if you think you'd like to continue to make animations, just learn blender.
As for HS1 vs HS2. It's a hard choice. HS2 does look better, but the HS1 timeline is so good. I never liked VNGE, it's overly complex and seems instead of making animations, you rather playing around using "tricks" to make them. Most of them look weird, but I know one or two devs who make good use of it. So, it's not impossible, tho probably given the time how much they spend working with VNGE, they probably could make even crazier stuff using a timeline. It's just more detailed and easier to use.
You can also give it a try for HS2 timeline. It's not complete, unfinished, buggy and probably will never be (I read the port project is canceled), but maybe already ported functionality will be enough, and maybe you can find a workaround for the issues it has.

Last edited:

.Nemo.

May 19, 2017
Blender would require to know how to rig a model etc. For simple hobby stuff, maybe you're better learning something easier, but if you think you'd like to continue to make animations, just learn blender.
As for HS1 vs HS2. It's a hard choice. HS2 does look better, but the HS1 timeline is so good. I never liked VNGE, it's overly complex and seems instead of making animations, you rather playing around using "tricks" to make them. Most of them look weird, but I know one or two devs who make good use of it. So, it's not impossible, tho probably given the time how much they spend working with VNGE, they probably could make even crazier stuff using a timeline. It's just more detailed and easier to use.
You can also give it a try for HS2 timeline. It's not complete, unfinished, buggy and probably will never be (I read the port project is canceled), but maybe already ported functionality will be enough, and maybe you can find a workaround for the issues it has.
Okay, thank you for the info.

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
Yeah, I worked a fair bit with VNGE in HS2 and it requires a lot of know how, since documentation is a freaking joke, and even when you know how, you're constantly battling against its quirks and jankiness. I've never used timeline but I assume it's better than VNGE since VNGE is so primitive. VNGE's development is moving towards a more timeline-esque UI so if you have the patience to wait for it, it might be okay in the future. Overall, I'd say stick with HS1 if you have to pick between the two. HS2 is good if you want to create characters. For everything else, HS1 is better at and the community is much larger around it.

.Nemo.

May 19, 2017
Yeah, I worked a fair bit with VNGE in HS2 and it requires a lot of know how, since documentation is a freaking joke, and even when you know how, you're constantly battling against its quirks and jankiness. I've never used timeline but I assume it's better than VNGE since VNGE is so primitive. VNGE's development is moving towards a more timeline-esque UI so if you have the patience to wait for it, it might be okay in the future. Overall, I'd say stick with HS1 if you have to pick between the two. HS2 is good if you want to create characters. For everything else, HS1 is better at and the community is much larger around it.
Thank you as well. I'll see what I can do with HS2, if it's possible, I'll stick with it, if not, HS1 it is. I'll share my work once I actually do something xd