Honey select 2 vs Honey select

Honey Select VS Honey Select 2

• Total voters

DepravedHydra

Aug 7, 2020
I'm interested in making a game using the honey select studio and can't decide between 1 and 2, I've tried both I've stuggled to mod HS1 well because of lots of dead links and I haven't seen many games made with HS2 so I'm not sure if there's a reason you can't use it to make games so I'm asking here which models people prefer as well as the better studio

Nov 21, 2020
I've downloaded/installed both of them recently.
I personally find HS2 much easier to maintain because you can automatically find and update mods. For HS1 you have to do it manually and, as you said, there are a ton of dead links and a ton of them are scattered all around the place.
My opinion is that HS2 has reached a point where it can be safely used to make games. There are a ton of mods currently and more are getting added/ported all the time. There are quite a few new games that use it.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I prefer HS1 for the basic style of the models. Probably tales a lot of mods to make it look as crisp as best examples of it though.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Honey Select 1 has more maps you can use if you can work with SEGI.
But Honey Select 2 is better in every way and the future going forward.

Ayymao

May 1, 2021
I always wondered if it's even legal to use HS assets to develop games.

Messynger

Jun 26, 2022
Honey Select 2 has a much better creative engine, as well as ability to develop functional plugins for.

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
for me hs1 always... although i understand that hs2 is much more appreciated by people

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
I use HS1 for my game. Hs2 looks better but did not have the assets that I needed for my VN. But I will look into it for the next one, the modding ciommunity for the Illusion games is awesome and gonna produce a lot of great things as always.

McGimmick

Feb 25, 2022
If we're talking Studio Neo I'd easily go with HS2. Though it's the same thing navigation is better on HS2's Studio Neo.

Boob jiggle is better on HS1 while in HS2 the boobs are stiff and difficult to get a better jiggle out of them.

Visuals. That's up to the user really. I'm all for HS2, but some of the best rendering I've seen with Illusion games was done with HS1 plus graphical mods of course.

Mods. HS1 has more, and mods are still being made for it. 1 mod I envy from HS1 is the soft body mod. I wish HS2 had it. Dude probably has no intention of porting it over.

Playhome Studio is a good alternative if you want to beef up HS1 visuals granted the character cards are compatible with HS1.

Reactions: Spectre001

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Mods. HS1 has more, and mods are still being made for it. 1 mod I envy from HS1 is the soft body mod. I wish HS2 had it. Dude probably has no intention of porting it over.
That is far from being the case anymore.
HS2 has much better mods with better utility and quality.
There are only a few that are missing.

McGimmick

Feb 25, 2022
That is far from being the case anymore.
HS2 has much better mods with better utility and quality.
There are only a few that are missing.
Considering people still make mods for HS1 and it's been around longer, I'd have to verify that.

The actual best mods I reckon are available for both games. HS2 in my opinion has a better user experience in Studio Neo, and all round has a better interface.