Honey Select for Games

DisMel

Apr 15, 2021
Hello, Ive been heavily considering making my own game and wanted to use honey select, as i find myself very drawn to that style.
But i wanted to know if theres been any word of Devs getting into trouble by Illusion?
Is it really risky to make a game using it?

I could go with DAZ, but im not sure if i could capture what i want using it unlike with Honey Select.

OsamiWorks

May 24, 2020
i thought that was the case... has the been any news of Dev's actually being contacted/issued a cease and desist?
idk, if you look at the games on steam its clear that they go through and remove them. A house in the rift was gaining popularity on steam and ended up getting removed relatively recently, I know its not the only one tho. Im not a lawyer, but as long as you arent profiting they dont care. Also not a lawyer advice, the big indicators come from the studio neo style which is, the textures, the inconsistent assets, the unchanging sculpts, and the all asian cast with no good male options.

• Wow
Reactions: DisMel

DisMel

Apr 15, 2021
idk, if you look at the games on steam its clear that they go through and remove them. A house in the rift was gaining popularity on steam and ended up getting removed relatively recently, I know its not the only one tho. Im not a lawyer, but as long as you arent profiting they dont care. Also not a lawyer advice, the big indicators come from the studio neo style which is, the textures, the inconsistent assets, the unchanging sculpts, and the all asian cast with no good male options.
was not aware AHITF was on steam, though that makes sense. it does beg the question on how their patreon is still up despite that then. another wall ugh. is there no alternatives for honey select, or loopholes?

FleshSac

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
If you plan on selling your game on Steam, don't use HS or KK. Using another game's assets for your game goes against Steam's ToS... that actually doesn't have anything to do with Illusion. Other than that, you'll be fine. The worst you can expect would be a cease and desist, but I imagine you'd have to be raking in the cash if you even showed up as a blip on Illusion's radar.

Reactions: Ekzou and DisMel

DisMel

Apr 15, 2021
If you plan on selling your game on Steam, don't use HS or KK. Using another game's assets for your game goes against Steam's ToS... that actually doesn't have anything to do with Illusion. Other than that, you'll be fine. The worst you can expect would be a cease and desist, but I imagine you'd have to be raking in the cash if you even showed up as a blip on Illusion's radar.
assuming i dont put on steam, is that also applicable towards any crowdfunding platform like patreon, subscriberstar, and others? but honestly this is mostly a passion project i wanna do. while having financial support would be nice, i really just wanna create something and share it with others lol

FleshSac

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
assuming i dont put on steam, is that also applicable towards any crowdfunding platform like patreon, subscriberstar, and others? but honestly this is mostly a passion project i wanna do. while having financial support would be nice, i really just wanna create something and share it with others lol
Patreon cares about the content in your game, but they could care less if you use Illusion assets to make your game. Subscribestar doesn't even care about the content. I have a project up on both platforms, as do many, many other devs, and haven't heard a single word from either. As I said, just avoid Steam and you should be golden.

Reactions: DisMel

DisMel

Apr 15, 2021
Patreon cares about the content in your game, but they could care less if you use Illusion assets to make your game. Subscribestar doesn't even care about the content. I have a project up on both platforms, as do many, many other devs, and haven't heard a single word from either. As I said, just avoid Steam and you should be golden.
alright cool, never had plans for steam anyways. thanks so much, now im less hesitant

Reactions: vrosh and FleshSac