Honey Select or hand drawn/painted

JonTheScoundrel

May 19, 2019
So i am making my first game in renpy and having some trouble settling on an art style. i have narrowed it down to honey select or hand drawn and painted. im a painter by trade so i thought that could be cool, but it will be obvious it is painted and it will take a lot longer to make a single image vs honey select obviously. i would love to hear people's opinion of hand painted/drawn with not many images vs honey select with a lot of images.

Yustu

May 22, 2018
I think this is philosophical debate quality vs quantity.
Most important question is can You provide quality beyond what's HoneySelect capable ?
Maybe do some comparison threads so people can voice their opinion actually seeing images because right now i.e. I odn't know if You are capable of doing something like i.e. Dimitrys or it's more like stick :)
Just my 2 cents.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Honey Select tends to be very 'asian' style - if that doesnt collide with your game idea you might want to use it if speed is of the essence for your development.
I personally appreciate any kind of 'non-standard' art how bad it might be seen by others as the uniqueness has more value for me than the 'quality'.

Reactions: JonTheScoundrel