Ren'Py Honey Select

thirstforgorg

Jun 18, 2024
Hi!

I'm wondering where I can learn more about how to use Honey Select as assets for a game in Ren'Py. I got inspired by games like The Headmaster.

Anyone know where I can start looking?

Thanks a lot!

xoxoxo

Tar77

Aug 23, 2019
Specifically Honey Select? Or possibly Honey Select 2 too? IMO HS2 is much easier to work with and you'll likely find more guides ect for it.

How far have you already gotten? Downloaded it? Tried using it? Making characters? Playing around with studio?

If you haven't already you'll want to grab the latest repack of whichever version you want. Both are available here. The repack with have everything you need to use it. Tons of mods already included. HS2 has a link to some useful basic guides on the page. You should also join the Illusion Soft discord where there's a lot of people willing to help out if you have any specific questions ect.

• Red Heart
Reactions: thirstforgorg

Tar77

Aug 23, 2019
If anyone could recommend a pack of models and/or scenes/animations/items, and where to get it, I'd be grateful. :)
If you have the full FR3.5 version you should pretty much have all of that already. The vast majority of the 91gb in that version is mods including all of that.

For models one of the best parts of Honey Select is the ability to easily make your own characters. I would highly recommend starting with character creation and making sure that the characters in your game are unique by doing so. FR3.5 also claims to have 460 characters preinstalled if you do want to use some for reference or something. There is also a few places people share cards. One of the main ones is and there is a card sharing channel on the IllusionSoft discord too. Again you'll really want to join that discord. Just make sure any cards you download are for Honey Select 1.

Once you get a feel for studioneo you'll find there are plenty of animations and items to use already installed. If you want to get more advanced in making a game you might want to make custom animations but I don't have a link for that. Start with the basics because that's definitely much more work. You can also download some custom scenes to check out from the discord in the scene sharing channel. There is also a mod sharing channel there too.

• Red Heart

Tar77

Aug 23, 2019
Is there a way to export Daz3D models and import them to Honey Select? I'm mainly interested in importing faces.
Unfortunately you can't do anything like that. You're pretty much stuck with that you've got with Illusion games. HS1 might be the worst for faces. Maybe look at those existing cards in the pack you have. There might be some modded faces that you like and then you can modify those from there.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Hi!

I'm wondering where I can learn more about how to use Honey Select as assets for a game in Ren'Py. I got inspired by games like The Headmaster.

Anyone know where I can start looking?

Thanks a lot!

xoxoxo
I would recommend downloading this version, I recently tested it myself and there are a lot of mods in the studio kit.

The problem is that the installation is done in Russian.

As the person above said in the post, part 2 will be easier to install and it will be easier to find mods and other things for it too.

On this site you will find the latest version and where you can download it (no installation needed, just open the archive and that's it).

• Red Heart