[R>Writer] Honeymoon Quest - Hiring Writers Because I Suck and Need Help

May 23, 2021
Project:
Honeymoon Quest, a lewd indie visual novel. The project released a Demo in January 2022 on Itch.io which saw a lot of interest. Current development ongoing, with a focus primarily on background art, character designs, and writing. Scheduling base game playtest Q4 2024 (tentatively) and voice lines/lewd assets in Q1/Q2 2025.

Developer:

ObscureWhistle, along with a team of phenomenal artists, animators, musicians, programmers, and voice actors. Currently manning a skeleton crew of four until backgrounds, character sprites, and writing is finalized for release.

Looking for:

Writers at this time, though will compile additional ad when release is in the near future. Delays may occur due to IRL job or funding.

Employment Type:
Paid employment, payment by section of project. Amount will vary due to content, though all will be discussed beforehand.

Work commitment:
Short term, for the long term. How the project typically works is that one asset type will be ongoing, while others will be stalled. The writing, for example, must be complete before the lewd scenes are compiled and animated, likewise with the voice acting lines.

Preferred method of contact:
Discord, please message me directly through DMs. The project server is here:
Feel free to join if interested in Honeymoon Quest as well! I would send my Discord here, however I've been receiving a rather concerning amount of DMs recently and would like to avoid unsolicited messages. I hope this is not too much of an issue!

Job Description:
I am looking for an additional writer to help compile the choices and dialogue into a neat order. I would like a writer who is interested in comedy, comedic situations, drama, and serious situations, as well as someone who likes parodies of tradition high fantasy worlds, political philosophies, and isekai/harem animations. Also, Honeymoon Quest is arguably part of the "polyamorous-pansexual-bisexual-witch agenda," so being comfortable with that as the normal state of affairs would be nice (not "shoved down your throat" bad, but the marriage in game is essentially an encouraged open relationship").

Essentially, I'm looking for help maintaining a good, adult humor balance while not being preachy. Game does and will have serious moments as well as some...bad implications. Personally, I'm pretty good at time management, but my priorities are causing chaos and I need help keeping in check with Honeymoon Quest.

Additional comments:
Don't write historical fiction while going for your Masters, while working full time....while making a lewd visual novel. But 240,000 words, twenty-one chapters, and five years in - I'm finishing this fucking book if it kills me!

• Hey there
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor