Seeking Hook me up with some good gameplay

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Fappability is completely secondary. I want a game I can legitimately play for fun rather than fapping. Edging, teasing, sexy chicks, and adult themes in general are welcome, but I can get my quick fapping needs elsewhere (too lazy to invest heavily into a long jerk session these days).

I'm mainly looking for some RPGM shit that I probably missed in the last few years or something since I played most of the translated major gameplay eroges from big studios already.

What would make RPGM gameplay engaging? Well, balance is the main thing. Is there a challenge in the sweet spot that doesn't require mindless grinding but still have a sense of accomplishment? Does it have nice systems of character progression and builds you can go for? Are there any novel mechanics?

Off the top of my head, some RPGM that stood out for gameplay over the years: Pronant Symphony, Dungeon of Lulu Ferea & sequel, Evening Starter, The Last Soveriegn, Star Knightess Aura, Renryuu Ascension.

By comparison, a typical shit RPGM would be something like this: No meaningful resource management. No user input on character progression (lvl up to unlock skills, equip is braindead bigger stats). Mind numbingly easy with no challenge whatsoever, or ridiculously annoying and frustrating. Obviously, the vast majority of RPGM are just scene hunters with no actual RPG elements or gameplay, so those are all excluded.

Reactions: GaRbS

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Fappability is completely secondary. I want a game I can legitimately play for fun rather than fapping. Edging, teasing, sexy chicks, and adult themes in general are welcome, but I can get my quick fapping needs elsewhere (too lazy to invest heavily into a long jerk session these days).

I'm mainly looking for some RPGM shit that I probably missed in the last few years or something since I played most of the translated major gameplay eroges from big studios already.

What would make RPGM gameplay engaging? Well, balance is the main thing. Is there a challenge in the sweet spot that doesn't require mindless grinding but still have a sense of accomplishment? Does it have nice systems of character progression and builds you can go for? Are there any novel mechanics?

Off the top of my head, some RPGM that stood out for gameplay over the years: Pronant Symphony, Dungeon of Lulu Ferea & sequel, Evening Starter, The Last Soveriegn, Star Knightess Aura, Renryuu Ascension.

By comparison, a typical shit RPGM would be something like this: No meaningful resource management. No user input on character progression (lvl up to unlock skills, equip is braindead bigger stats). Mind numbingly easy with no challenge whatsoever, or ridiculously annoying and frustrating. Obviously, the vast majority of RPGM are just scene hunters with no actual RPG elements or gameplay, so those are all excluded.
I recently was playing through LonaRPG

I find that it hits a lot of the checkboxes you indicated. I.e., a system of character progression, builds that you can go for, survival gameplay elements (if that is your thing), and the game can also be quite challenging as well from both a resource and time management perspective. You also need to be conscientious and plan out what activities you want to do on a given day ahead of time as the combat in the game (and the world itself) can be quite unforgiving at times. Evidently goes without saying based on the screenshots themselves :devilish::coffee::coffee:

Gameplay in and of itself is quite fun and lots of intuitive elements to it from my perspective. Give it a whirl if you haven't already, would recommend testing the waters with Lona if it is something up your alley in playing through.

Reactions: desmosome