Hope I'm asking in the right place. - Problem with RPGM games

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
I am using windows 10 on a $2000 computer. Previously I was using windows 7 on a laptop with no issues. My issue is this. When it feels like it, the game will freeze. but it's not actually frozen as I can hear menu boxes opening and closing. It's just the picture is frozen and not updating.

I have searched for this issue and have gotten no results. Almost like this is an exclusive problem. It's only certain games and sometimes it happens with them and sometimes it doesn't. But when it happens, it won't stop. Better to play later. This can happen as often as every 5 minutes.

If needed, I can probably make a video, but I'd rather not use youtube to present it. And unless I haven't been paying attention, it is only games tagged RPGM.

Oct 14, 2017
Corrupted RTP installation is the only thing that pops in my mind. Could possibly be some general incompatibility with win 10 but I think I would have heard of that before.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Corrupted RTP installation is the only thing that pops in my mind. Could possibly be some general incompatibility with win 10 but I think I would have heard of that before.
Hmm I'll try a reinstall then. Can you think of anything else I may need to install for RPGM games? Like different packages or what not?

Exu

Dec 28, 2018
IHDK, but not every RPGM game is made with the same edition of the engine. With which one (XP, VX Ace, MV, etc) are running the games you have that issue with? Maybe if you search for your problem specifing the engine you'll find something.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date.
If that doesn't work download the runtime for the version of RPGM you are having issues with and do a clean install.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Glad this came back because the problem I had, still exists as well but I have more info. I don't know my icons. I have tested and I can tell you what does NOT lock up are dragon and unicorn icon RPGM games. So if the icon you click to open the game, is a dragon or unicorn, it's fine. I haven't tested the orange sun looking one enough, but the one that looks like....I don't know what it is, a person or hardware, locks up.