Ren'Py - Horizon of Passion Reworking [v1.0 Fix2] [Line of lust]

1. 2.00 star(s)

xerroxi

as of Version 1.0 (well think of it like a EA game ...)

The game doesn't feel like a 1.0 why?

>multiple stucked screen where you only can progress with the "skip all" ctrl key
    >mixed up moments of "who is speaking/thinking"
    >mixed up engl/rus
    >unfinished placeholders
    >either the translation is unfitting to the animations or just bad written

Also the game would benefit from a "go home" or at least "go back to map" option together with a more present "time skip".

Well the story...ofc there is a kind of story that leads you from one women to another ... would be plain boring if they just "pop" in :D but don't expect to much, the ingame help does the job but there are a lot of story fragments that just trigger without any notice. The answer options presented just add or remove some interaction didn't impact anything else and not everything is skipable. Personal the "story" sometimes feel messed up especially with the unlisted events that trigger.
    (BUT! Beware that these are just points for my progress as i didn't make it to the end cause of the points noted above)

If you "add" a supernatural ability to the MC all the events and interactions feel way more solid, cause otherwise why would every woman he met be drawn to him right at the spot? (Ofc there is some build up with a few mains.)

So yeah, the renders are good and if we don't count the bugs in it is a basic game - a bit to much clicking, and kinda flat - it sits in the middle.

Nothing against a bit of sharing? Love when every EVERY women just want to jump at you? You don't read anyways? Hop in.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Sesinho

This is blueballing: the game for a good aprt of it,and if the redhead sister is your thing, it is definetly blueballing. I think she doesnt even have a section in the notes, you just happen to find her events cause mostly the mc tells you, or you are going elsewhere and ifnd her.

List of bad things:

Most of the events last 20 seconds and they are interrupted by another event that triggers halfway, or you just have to go to some place so another event triggers. For instance you have to pee but you found someone halfway there and another event triggers and the guy never goes to pee. There are a lot like this one, A LOT.

Then the events that are short is mainly because 2 people are talking, and another person comes, and maybe another one fomring a chain of interruptions.
    Or 2 people talk and they get interrupted by something, or they just dont want to talk about it for some reason. There are A LOT of those too.

Then you have the Mc contantly telling you where you have to go and what you should do, so the notes for a big part of the games are pointless.

Then you basically can fuck any side character or main character, but the main girl, cause she is one of those virgin characters that are left in many abandoned games.

Ther are quite some scenes where the girl says somthing like "im feeeling it deep inside me" and the render shows that the guys is abrely putting the tip inside.
    Another that gives you the option betwen soft and hard sex, but the animation is the exact same keyframed animation with reduced movement.

The game tries, but it fails miserably.

The good things are the renders, but the gameplay is tiring, repetitive and you just can't chose at all, cause if you try to play an event in the end of the list you will be told taht you need to complete a previous event first.

Terrible and frustrating, i wished ti improves, cause i lost 3 hours expecting a pay off that never come.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

hobobobb

Disclaimer:

I played the ‘Reworking’ V0.9, I had never played a previous version or a ‘before Reworking’ so I have no bias that way. I DO however have a strong bias against unavoidable sharing type content (This includes any (Non-MC) male with any female that is (or may become) a Love interest for the MC).

Summary: 2/5 stars, decent graphics marred by the unoriginal story and unavoidable sexual content, set to the backdrop of a needlessly complex and confusing navigation system. I am likely going to ‘Ignore’ this title.

Full Review:

Graphics: Are decent (but you can look and check if they are to your personal preference)

Sound: I always play mute, so no comment here.

Story: ‘Ok’ if a little overdone with these types of games. All the game is missing is an ‘older roommate/sister’ who is a heavy drinking club-girl, that hates (but loves) the MC and it would have filled every one of the stereotypes. To be clear, there is nothing new or original here.

Gameplay: The game is a sandbox (immediate loss of 1 star for that), and while there is a somewhat ‘almost’ hint system built-in, it doesn’t help much. For example ‘See what’s going on in Julia’s room’ is an excellent suggestion….. if you can even FIND Julia’s room. The ‘world map’ (which isn’t the whole game world) will only open up when the MC is outside.

While most of the buildings are fairly small and not too difficult to navigate, there are a few like the School, which requires clicking on a direction marker (that itself sits over a ‘staircase’ area-change clickable), the player can then click on another ‘area change clickable) to enter a new room. To put it simply, the whole map interface system is unnecessary, detracts from the game, and is made more needlessly complex by the fact that half of the clickable area changes only highlight as such when you mouse over them (and some are quite small).

Sexual content:

This game suffers from what I tend to think of as the ‘Russian Problem’. Perhaps it’s racist to say this, but since I spent almost half of my life living in Санкт Петербург (St. Petersburg, for my Native English friends), I think I am perhaps forgiven for being so. What do I mean by this? I mean that it seems to be a point of pride from the Russian mindset that the MC’s girls are desired and shared with others and that the MC spends as much time ‘dreaming’ of sexual encounters (they happen in his head), spying on others and watching (voyeurism) sexual encounters as he does being a participant in them.

This is not to mention the ‘other guys with potential love interest’ where we see the neighbor (for example) having sex with her husband (No, I am not going to scream NTR, because she is having sex with her husband.., that would as retarded as eating lead paint chips). This is believable and acceptable as they are married, however, as a player this raises two issues for me. 1) It isn’t avoidable (or rather, you cannot avoid it, until you have seen it) It most certainly isn’t preventable through the MC’s actions. 2) Seeing this removes any desire I have as the ‘player behind the MC’ to pursue or see any content with that character.

The key takeaway here for anyone considering playing this game for the sexual content is as follows;

-The game contains unavoidable sexual content of potential love interests with other males.

I have mentioned one example, but there are others that I will not mention as they could be potential spoilers. Further to this, it does not appear as though the Developer is planning on making these instances avoidable (see ‘Russian Mindset’).

Overall, for me, this is a 2-star game, and one I don’t think I will be following any further.

How would I improve it?

-remove the complex and unnecessary map system. While sandbox isn’t my favorite thing, there are good examples out there of how to ‘do it right, find one of those and plagiarize it with the zeal of a first-year student at Art College.

-Make any ‘non-vanilla sexual content avoidable and/or preventable through action.

-Work on a clearer English translation of both technical interface and story text (I played in Russian some and also in English, and while my understanding of both is limited, Russian seemed to be a little better fleshed out)
  4. 2.00 star(s)

JackMiejov

Review for v1.0:

Somebody please make a gallery mod so people can just see the sex scenes, because that's the only thing even slightly good about this game.

The story is shallow, but it's not terrible. Unfortunately, everything else about the game is. The English translation is garbage. The user interface is garbage. The sandbox navigation is garbage. The tasks/quests have unknown dependencies that prevent them from triggering. There are errors like dialogs attributed to the wrong characters, character names spelled differently in different dialogue (i.e., Lia and Leah are the same person), and quest hints give the wrong place and/or time to trigger.

It really feels like the developer is just putting in the bare minimum effort to create new releases without abandoning the game. Releases have very little content, they're always buggy, and there's no effort made to proofread the text.

If this is a reworking, I'm glad I never tried the original.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

tcstone89

English translation is horrible. The game storyline seems broken and the guide tells you to go to living room where nothing happens. To top it off the guy wants to charge $$ for the incest patch. Even if everything on this game was 100% free, it sucks.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

amBest

The game is such a - strange - thing. I don't know where to start. I'll give you my main four points. I'll alternate between good and sucky.
    • Every character in this game is a hot slut, every-single-one
    Your mom is a hot slut. She lusts after you non stop. Wants to kiss your lips, touches herself even when she sees you. NAIS

You sister is a hot slut. She wears knee high socks, ultra-short hot-pants. The most obscene crop top imaginable, covers the nips and no lower. She's so dedicated to that crop top, she wears it with everything. Home clothes, pijamas, school clothes. Heck, I could see her winter clothes being your regular winter clothes, but with a winter crop top and completely exposed abdomne - and a puffy hat.

Your teachers are hot sluts. Your teacher wants to fuck every young guy she ever teaches to. Your principal wants to suck your cuck just because you exist.

• The game is a pointless, talentless, horrible, stupid, detestable, badly implemented, shitty faux-sandbox
    You know faux sandboxes, you've seen plenty of them. You can click a bunch of places, and go and see and click and waste your time. They are all empty.

Characters do not inhabit this world, it is empty. It only has spirits that come and go as they please. If they have a purpose, they inhabit the world. If they have no event to triger, they dematerialize.

There is only one way to do things, only one place to be at. The character tells you every time an even triggers where to go next, and going anywhere else is wasting your time.

It's not a sandbox, it's an interpretation of hell, of limbo.

• Every slut wants your cock and is amazing
    Everyone you meet lusts for you . They get wet at the very sight of you, and they think of you every waking moment.

Your sister is the best at this. She wants you but is too shy to go full mackintosh on your ass. After you accidentally enter the bathroom while she's showering - the next day she sends you a naked selfie complaining that it's so boring when no cute boy bursts on her showering. She's amazing.

• There's no consistency
    The story makes no sense. And not because your mom masturbates at the sight of you. Not because your sis wants to rape you. Not because your teachers want to suck your cock.

But rather because there's nothing special about you. You don't have the power to hypnotize. You don't have a magic cock or a magic ring. There's no reason for any of it. It's empty. It's soulless.

Don't get me wrong, if everyone was having sex. If you went at the corner store, and the cute emo clerk girl selling you cigars would be having her ass RAILED by the janitor and no one would consider anything happening specila. If the world would have been full of people fucking in public - I'd be fine with it. If you had a magic cock, I'd be fine with it.

But no. You just happen to be suffering from the Main Protagonist Syndrome, and that's that. Sad.

Conclusion?

Well, I hate a lot about it. The faux sandbox is the worst offender and makes the game such an incredible pain, an unfun disaster. A catastrophe. I hate it.

But on the other side, every character is a major fucking slut who lusts after you which is amazing.

But then again there's no reason for it. You're a wet noodle, a nothing protagonist, unspecial in every way immaginable.

The world is not set-up is a fuckfest where people fuck on the streets. It's not normal every day occourance for family members to form family circles instead of family trees. You don't have a magic cock. So why is everyone on your cock? No good reason, that's why.

It's ... a hit and a miss. Everything about this game is like that. For every one good thing I can point out, another bad one rears it's ugly head in.

It's not three stars because it's mundane or boring. But because it's hectic and uneven.

If this dev, colabed with a better game designer, and someone more apt at writing characters or believable worlds - then, I think that the three of them could make a gem of a game. But as it stands, that does not look likely to say the least.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

EZ8lt

After v0.7, it is still incredibly bad, on a level that I barely saw. Why? Well let me list it.

- Buggy as fuck (can't see messages from the sister for god knows how long on the phone, and after the Doc scene it said I should go to school, but it's evening, so much for following the conversations for hints).

- Engrish (not the worst, but defo bad).

- Bunch of useless maps that maybe will come in play in the future, but half of them is just "under development", therefore, you click on red herrings right now.

- Zero hint system, which makes people click through the whole fucking game to find a small thing, and even like that you can barely find what you need.

- No chance of getting money which is needed for several scenes, only the Patreon code, which is a straight dick move.

- Paywalling the incest content, another dick move, not to mention paywalling it on patreon is also stupid.

- Lack of cohesive story, consistent writing, notable characters, or even a likeable Main character (unless you like beta males). MC and his family moves to the city where their dad lives to be closer to him it seems, who left them to have another family. Genius premise. Then you can meet all the other characters that has nothing going for them, except for a few literal sluts, all this in a very rushed manner, and you'll feel like you meet situations left and right that pretty much makes no sense (well, because they don't).

Honestly, the previous version was at least somewhat a decent work, but if I called this one as such, I'd be offending every other decent game in the world.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Alpha Beta Omega

LOVE THE GAME. I have played the previous versions [ the versions before the reworking I mean ].

So thank you moderator to do the reworking again. :)

And, I hope we will get good story which will be ahead of us and more updates.

Thank you for reworking the game. :)
  9. 2.00 star(s)

K-Zen

What to say about this boring game.....the english (or the automatic translation) is really bad and dumb. The events doesn't even really make sense and if you don't read the dialogs it's a try-and-guess game to know what to do next, clicking around the f****ing map to get to the right place. The few shops open are depressively empty and accessible even when nobody is there, The animations are a joke.
    The renders are nice.
    If you are looking for a game with deep story and interesting characters......move along, there's nothing to see in there.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

halleballe

Maybe I have missed something but it seems to me that this game is a pay to win game.
    In practice I cannot get to any of the good parts of the game since I am not a patron. So let this be a warning to you who are not a patron yet.
    Except for the big disappointment of not getting any action, the game feels pretty promising.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

Not a bad VN. I was expecting a jumbled mess with the English but, it wasn't bad at all. Easy to understand. There were a few typos though.

PROS
    Good story
    Good renders
    Scenes flow nicely
    No grinding so far
    Lots of beautiful women

CONS
    Need a way to make some money
    Need a stat tracker(if it's important)

Overall this is a good VN. The MC isn't a pushover nor is he a super alpha that beats everyone. The dev is doing some good work here. I suggest you take a bit of time and give it a play through. It's not super lengthy but there is a lot of stuff going on. Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing