Others - Abandoned - Horny Mom [v0.7.0 Patreon] [Goodwin]

1. 2.00 star(s)

vforvlad

This game has some potential, but it is just too confusing to provide much enjoyment. Navigation is horrible whereby it is not apparent that the player can click and drag to move around a scene. It is also very easy to miss objects and not know what can be picked up or used in any situation. While the in-game hints do provide some guidance, half of the items needed for a task are hidden all over the house and there is no guidance on how to find them. Sometimes, objects or scenes are only available after talking with a character of playing through a previous scene.

Overall, I gave up on this title and hope the developer takes on board the feedback about providing simple navigation and to make it more obvious as to where to find or use items.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

neithernor

0.7 review

an excellent game with hot characters, decent amount of content and an interesting concept.

got a lot better from its early stages.
    the tasks are now clear.
    and so are the interactions.
    even the mimi games are less annoying,

BUT navigating is still a annoying and that is the reason for 4 stars and not 5
    another problem is that it doesn't warns you that the game isn't easy and does require you to use some brain power, so you may end up messing and ruining your game in your first few tries by collecting a few too many items (inventory is limited)

as I said excellent game, about 30min - 1h of game play, recommended to try it out.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Alea iacta est

I do not know... who designed this game what was think?!?!

Trying to involve, excite the audience or creating a frustrating painful point and click simulator?

I appreciate the devs want to experiment.. but the frustration on just moving around is unbearable.

I could not enjoy too much the art work because frustration overcame the excitement.

Customer centric.. that is the way forward.... (Agile methodologies)
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Qaeron

Reviewed version: 0.5 Full
    Game duration: 1+ hours?

The game is clearly inspired by the old-timey adventure games with hunting, combining and using items in various environments.

The player controls a blackmailed stepmom, who must seduce its stepson. Despite the cliched words in the last sentence, the combination of situation, POV and game type is not boring. The blackmailed stepmom reacting to the forced behavior with enthusiasm is somewhat cheap, though. Or she is living her best life in one of those forbidden fantasy deals.

The graphics (and animations) are competent - the models are not unique, but decently lit and not distracting. The stepmom is properly hot. The stepson is properly dorky.

The order of progression is left entirely to the player; I like that. Some quests have different variants depending on ambient conditions. The discovery/exploration aspect is quite nice; had to think a bit about some of the solutions.

The UI is... somewhat kludgy, what with the scroll-based navigation. However, this con also enables far larger/wider environments than a single screen would otherwise allow, so it's a wash for me.

I had no problem with difficulty and bugs, despite what some other reviews said. The quests are clearly documented and actually simple. Yes, there are pecularities and some learning curve, but the save/load function fixes a noticed problem and helps to avoid it for the second time. Inventory mismanagement is helped by the generous money limits to replenish the accidentally messed-up items. The only actual issue might be with the clicker minigame, but any non-bargain bin mouse nowadays has a macro function with multiclick.

The most important part: this game, as a package, is NOT another hyper-cliched, cookie-cutter VN with dead parents, hot stepsisters, unexplained attraction and magic. Not high art, for sure, but definitely fresh. I enjoyed myself. Recommended.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Andrewwood

mini games blocking the H scenes and forcing you to play during the scene to continue, what a waist of time and effort. I really liked the premise, was looking forward to playing, buts what the point if you have to concentrate on a dam timed mini game during the H scenes and once the mini game is finished so is the H scene. pointless
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Hybris

The visuals of the game and scenes (At least the ones I managed to unlock) are good in fact I would go so far as to say they are great! Only issue is the overall graininess of the images but I can't say if that is a filter (If so remove it posthaste) or a render issue.

The base idea of someone blackmailing the mom who is indeed horny but is retrained by getting married and settling down and having her prey on her stepson is great as well. In fact aside from the stepson bit I am tempted to write my own story on this idea.

However what makes this game a massive waste of time and hard drive space is the interface.
    You are REQUIRED to use a inventory with limited space and use said inventory to combine things. The problem is that clicking an item means there is high chance of clicking on a part of the background that either ends a scene or sends you elsewhere (Example the drinking in the kitchen scene).

The clues for doing actions like mixing a drink are clear enough but trying to take the clues and apply them such as adding aphrodisiac to a bottle of alcohol followed by some ecstasy. You can add the first two ingredients just fine (Don't grind the aphrodisiac) but adding the last drug?
    No clues and no logic.

Next on the hit parade are the minigames. Minigames are ok, minigames that require a autoclicker to beat are NOT ok, minigames that cover up the scene that the player is doing all this for in the first place again are NOT ok.
    This is made worse by the lack of a gallery so I can at least go back and see what I just did, we are talking about BASIC GAME DESIGN as none of these concepts should be alien to anyone that plays adult games in the modern era.

Last point: for some reason this game runs off of Java I think which I see absolutely no reason why it needs too besides that's the only language that the developer knows. I have to wonder if some of the design issues I have mentioned and more are stemming from the choice of base engine.

What needs to happen is one of two things:
    1. Developer overhauls the game.
    1a. Make the inventory such that you can't click through it.
    1b. Improve clues or remove unneeded complications like grinding things that don't need to be ground.
    1c. Switch navigation from objects to standalone buttons or a map screen
    1d. If you are going to keep using a RMB highlight button then it needs to loudly and boldly highlight only important objects (Notes, toys, equipment, etc...)

2. Someone needs to do a CG rip at the very least that follows the updates of this game so players can at least get something out of this game.

I can't in good faith even give this game a extra star for the visuals and story because of the sheer amount of basic game play issues that have been repeated through out the game thread and ignored in a game that might be judging from the version number half done at this point.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

overthevaleyard

Love the character design on the mom and the varied scenes ideas.
    The first version was off to a bit of a rough start but the game is improving significantly with each version in terms of stability and interface.
    Mini Games might need a bit of work and or variations but not a deal breaker for me.
    Hope to see more of from the developer as in just a few weeks they have shown a lot of promise/improvement.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

DH4444

The mini games are a real mess; you either click on circles & can’t watch the “scene” or don’t click & fail the test.

I see from other posts that the UI (User Interface) problem is being ignored by the developer. There is a lot of clicking & dragging which should be handled by a map.

There is only ONE SINGLE save for you. Right now it appears that I spent money on an unneeded item & will not be able to proceed unless I start this disaster of a game all over again. NOT !!!
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 989013

Game has good renders and i like the plot(even though it's simple it's effective.

The worst part of the game is that you can't even see the whole render.

I have to scroll/drag to see a part of the image.

I hope the dev decides to do something about that.

I am a collector and i screenshot all the renders but in this game i have partial renders always..
    Another con is that we can't hide the interface.

Overall this game 2/5 but i am giving it 3/5 to encourage the dev.
    If we all diss this game i feel like the dev will just quit, even though this game has a lot of potential.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

zephrates

I find the concept to this somewhat intriguing, but it's entirely let down by programming and the developer's choice of engine. I could not find the way to go to the stepson's room for the very first quest. I'm sure someone will reply with "oh, you just have to click here", but that's not the point. If I need someone to tell me how to accomplish such a basic task, that's a major failure on the part of the developer. A change of engine or a major cleanup of the code *might* convince me to give it another try. As it is, it's consigned to the "don't bother" pile.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

ThorTellino

Renders and characters are lower than average and the plot... well, what's the plot? It's a kind of puzzle game bugged as hell and with an unmanageable UI.
    I suggest to switch to Renpy, it would be a wise choice.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

primeumaton

Renders and models are decent. Concept is decent.

Playability is nonexistent. It literally has about 2 minutes before you can't do anything anymore. Not even worth the download.

I recommend remaking in renpy.

v0.2.0
  13. 5.00 star(s)

kinox90

You have to work for the stories but that is what make it great IMO, getting tired of those click and skip visual novel. Render could be a little better but I mean mom is hot so I can work with that ;)
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Logan666

Great start, i hope update soon. Minigame aren't easy, i must kill my mouse ! lol !
    Make minigame easier (when i click too speed i pass the last picture)
    The interface is not really easy too.
    The mom is great ;)
    Please don't stop this game !