Horrible FPS in some (mostly Illusion?) games

Oct 23, 2019
Hello, I have no problem running Forza Horizon 4 at highest settings and all yet my PC struggle at running Sexy Beach Premium Resort and many other games from Illusion.

Their games are badly optimized but I was wondering, is there any way to fix it for each game? Setting highest performance doesn't change much, some people talk about replacing DLLs or even just by renaming the new one "d3d9_alt.dll" but it doesn't seem to do much either, or maybe I am using the wrong d3d9 file?

If anyone knows how to make their game actually run at 60fps or higher, I would certainly love to know!

Thanks!

Oct 23, 2019
Nothing seems to work, for one or two games, dll works, for the rest, using the dll will make the game crash at launch.

Anyone has an idea how to make Illusion games works on Win10 64bit as of 2019?

Reactions: justinsnake800
Jan 6, 2019
They have shit programmers. It's not an Illusion game if it's running at stable frame rates.
yea I know this thread is old, but you're dead wrong. Windows 10 has almost zero compatibility with the super old Direct3D Illusion uses before they decided to use Unity, hence the reason why everyone got shit framerate on their older games

Reactions: xynnner

kthkguard3

May 16, 2021
I found the updated version for the d3d9.dll files for some older illusion games due to a windows update. I recommend you use chrome to translate the page and download/replace the necessary file. Hope this helps.

dfaker

Jan 4, 2019
If anyone's still struggling with this, taking the D3D9.dll from here worked for me. It puts a watermark on the screen that I haven't figured how to remove yet (if it's even possible), but it solved all fps issues.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gatozueiro