VN - Others - Completed - Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai [v2.0] [Tone Work's]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Lord Smootbrain

literally a 10/10 game. played through it in its entirety listening to the horimiya ost. only thing that bothered me is the mc has trouble lifting light weight like 10-20kg like he's Atlas holding the world but that's a minor issue and doesn't subtract from the story. the story is super long for each path too, just rikka's path took me 3 days to finish, which is nice since i played this to relax after work.

honestly haven't felt this happy in years so I'm really glad i played this game. Thank you for uploading this
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Noxilian

Alongside Tone Work's later VN, Gin'Iro, Haruka, this is one of the best pure slice-of-life moege I've read.

It's hard to summarize the things that make this VN so good. The premise is ultimately fairly simple - the protagonist moves back to his old hometown, and meets a bunch of girls, all who have very strong passions, dreams, and in some cases issues/insecurities. They get to know each other as they realize how much fun they have working towards a common goal - specifically, preparing for for the school's Tanabata festival. Ultimately, the protagonist gets involved in directly supporting the dreams of the chosen heroine. While the premise is simple, the execution is near-flawless.

The character writing is fantastic and balanced well across all routes - the cast is exceptionally well characterized, with personalities that are fun to read both on their own, and interacting with each other.

The core storylines are also very well done for the most part. My overall route rankings would be Rikka > Natsuki > Sora = Misa > Touko > Marika - that said, the middle 4 are very close in quality, and the differences in their ranking are mostly just subjective preference (eg. I mostly have Touko second-to-last because I don't really gel with her initially flighty personality). Aside from Marika's route, I would say all other routes are among the best the moege subgenre has to offer.

Rikka's route is clearly a standout, and has far more content both in the core route and the After than the others. She has the deepest character development, and hers is the only route to introduce an entirely new major character (complete with character sprites). It was written by the same person who wrote Mizuha's route in Gin'Iro Haruka, which unsurprisingly is my favorite route in that VN as well.

I didn't like Marika's route as much as the others - I felt it had the weakest story, and was full of annoying cliches. She's a pretty typical "childhood friend"-type character, but more specifically she's the kind that has been in love since childhood (with said love, and her childhood infirmity, being her main defining traits). I also found the main non-Tanabata point of contention in her route (especially her After) to be very annoying/cliched - basically, the "overbearing father" trope (ie. "you ain't good enough for daddy's little girl"-type character). It's not a terrible route in the grand scheme of things, but it felt disappointing when directly compared to the other routes in the VN.

The art is top notch and the music is solid. The character designs and art are all very cute and distinct (even the two characters who are joked about in-universe as being physically similar, Natsuki and Touko). There are no animations. H-scenes are standard for Japanese VNs (just mostly variants of a static image).

Overall, this, or Gin'Iro Haruka, are probably the first VNs that would come to mind if I were asked to recommend a moege. Hoshi Ori would come to mind first though, since it is fully translated at the time of writing this review.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

benzene_phi73

Very heartwarming to read through. I only played Rikka's route as I have heard that it is the best and it did not disappoint. The story covers right from the day they meet till starting a family. It is very sweet and anyone who likes good romance will like it. I haven't come across such a cute nice love story in a long time. Made me kind of miss having a girlfriend. I was smiling through most of the story, at the sweet moments, not to mention it was funny as well. I read Making Lovers, another one of these Moege VNs, and this one is in a whole another level. It really presents a nice picture of a loving relationship, what it should be. I cannot praise it more man. I haven't read a romance like this ever.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

madperso

I ugly cried at points during this game. Very sweet, very vanilla. Well thought-out characters and a main character that isn't an idiot the entire time. Highly recommend you take the time out and read through this.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Dardanit

This VN is basically perfection.

I almost cant believe how Tone Works improved since Hatsukoi 1/1

The setting is the same but the MC luckily isnt. Its a vanilla romance school setting where you help 2 clubs to prepare for a festival so everyone involved around you can have fun. That is the main plot & all routes have that in common, but all routes also deal with it in a unique way so you never get the feeling of repetition.

All girls are unique and the afterstorys are decently long too. MC is not a dunce and tolerable.

Also Touko best girl :giggle:
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2004997

Seriously, this is one of my top 5
    I really like all heroine route and design, which is rarely happens to me (My fav is Rikka though, best gurl)
    Story is nice, fun slice of life without much conflict, but not only that, Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai got a freaking long AFTER STORY
    That's right, a freaking "after route" for each heroine, and it's not a short "and they live bla bla"
    The after story telling us what happened after they grow up, working towards their dream, etc, which is i rarely found in other VN. I swear some VN really need after story route like this.
    But for me, the most amazing part is the OST. goddamnit i swear this VN have the most beautiful OST i ever hear, really fit to the story, and sooo freakinng beautiful

Overall a 9/10, will replay it again sometimes, i hope people like it too.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Gray1611

An absolute amazing visual novel. Each girl is interesting with their own story and dreams and it doesn't repetitive after two or three routes. And the after stories are even more amazing. They made it so you truely get invested in each girl and the main character isn't boring either with each after story being unique as well. Also you get to see each girl in a wedding dress which is a huge plus for me and it is just always nice to see.

Only small drawback IF I had to mention anything is the music. It isn't bad at all, it doesn't get repetitive. Just that it's nothing special or memorable either.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Pandaman Games

Truly fantastic AVN. I couldn't recommend it more strongly. It's wholesome, extremely well-written, has a top-quality soundtrack and great VA work, and is overall a fantastic game. The romances are great, and you'll be truly sad once you finish each route, because you'll just want more. I've only played the Shinozaki Marika and Narusawa Rikka routes so far, and they're both fantastic. Play this game, you won't regret it.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

Vanilla, gushy, cutesy romance. It's a slice of life story with just such an immense effort put into it. There are 6 heroines with massive routes going from school, college, and marriage. There's very few VNs like it.

That said, if you need action, drama, and things to happen this game really doesn't meet that. I personally think it's perfection and if you want a slice of life romance, I think this will always be in the top 5 list.

The girls are cute, the VA is great, and it was really entertaining. Probably the easiest 5 star I've ever given.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

GrandpaWomble

This shit is fucking amazing. Go do yourself a favor and read it, you'll end up not caring about the H-Scenes at all and get attached to the really nice girls in the novel. While even if ur at it for the scenes, it will be worth the wait with all the emotional rollercoasters youll be in.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

The Naizuri Guy

Have to say, if you are looking for a romance VN there isn't much better. This is god tier. Minus one star due to how vanilla most of the H scenes are, but that's forgivable due to how fantastic the actual story is.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Karugami

My opinion this game is amazing, the story and the characters are well-written. All of the characters are uniquely interesting in their own way, for example: their personalities really surprise me of how genuine it was. That shows how well-written the game is. The story is very well-written, i like how it changes to contrast with the heroine in each route. The artwork is gorgeous, i like the lighting blending in with the colors. The opening is actually catchy. And finally the h-scenes, unlike other games the h-scenes are there for fapping but h-scenes in this feel real and genuine. You are actually feel you are going through the same experience as the protaganist. Overall this game is amazing and highly recommend this game to newcomers going try out h-visual novel for the first time.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Hbdk00

Overall I think if you're a big fan of japanese VNS its probably worth a playthrough. In terms of aesthetics and translation its spot on.

But it kinda suffers from being too generic and the story is very predictable and bland. To me the characters were well written but a little on the uninteresting side. I've only played through 2 routes but i dont think theres enough here to make me want to go any further.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Sarshi

Seriously, this is one of my top 5
    I really like all heroine route and design, which is rarely happens to me (My fav is Rikka though, best gurl)
    Story is nice, fun slice of life without much conflict, but not only that, Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai got a freaking long AFTER STORY
    That's right, a freaking "after route" for each heroine, and it's not a short "and they live bla bla"
    The after story telling us what happened after they grow up, working towards their dream, etc, which is i rarely found in other VN. I swear some VN really need after story route like this.
    But for me, the most amazing part is the OST. goddamnit i swear this VN have the most beautiful OST i ever hear, really fit to the story, and sooo freakinng beautiful

Overall a 9/10, will replay it again sometimes, i hope people like it too :)
  15. 5.00 star(s)

metd23

Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai

...is amazing at what it tries to be: a heartwarming pure love story (...with tons of sex). Now, where do I even start?

Story is the biggest driving force (and arguably the strongest) in this visual novel. Sounds kinda obvious for a vn, but that doesnt do justice to both the original writing and the quality of the translation which are both deserving of a great deal of praise. Its a LONG one, but if you can handle the slow burn, the story is incredibly enjoyable, even if it lacks much drama (I would argue there are some "suspenseful" moments, but nothing you ever expect to genuinely go wrong).

The characters are varied and feel like they are each their own person and not homogenized caricatures of common tropes (yikes those were big words: they feel like people and not a character you've read about in order vns). The tropes do still exist (ex: the childhood friend/girl next door), but are done relatively well so they don't detract from anything. Also, the protagonist is driven, intelligent, and proactive which is so damn REFRESHING from a Japanese VN.

Visuals a fairly nice (a look at the screenshots should be fairly obvious here) and there's a LARGE number of cgs. Reason for this is because each girl has 9 or 10 sex scenes EACH. That's MASSIVE for a VN like this. The scenes themselves are enjoyable and well written and cover some fairly vanilla ground, but anything more hardcore would not have fit the themes of the story.

BGM is nice. Has a mix of cheery, peaceful, and "romantic" themes that works really well (again) with the themes of the story.

Now, my absolute favorite part of this VN is what made it top of my all-time favorite VNs: the structure of the story. The VN is split into three major parts (rougly equal in length to each other). The common route (anyone who's played a VN before knows about this). The heroin's route (usually the bulk of most VNs, but roughly only a third of this one). And lastly, a WHOLE THIRD of the game dedicated to the heroin's AFTER STORY. It's not a "get together with the girl and then *game end* happily ever after" sort of thing. No. You find out what a huge chunk of their lives together are like in the after stories. These mostly start YEARS after the high school "arc" and cover several years (in all but one case that only covers several months) of the characters finishing university, getting jobs, working towards their dreams, and (in some cases) starting a family. A few of the heroines even have a slight change in appearance to illustrate the passage of time (its a subtle touch, but a nice one nonetheless; they could have easily gotten away with not doing this at all).

I cannot praise this VN enough for giving a proper follow up to the initial stories. Especially since this is included in the original game and not added as a fan disc (hate fan discs since they often never get translated). I would highly recommend this VN to anyone looking for something nice and heartwarming. Just note the length.

P.S. Save Rikka for last (her story is in a tier of its own and almost ruins the other stories, haha). Or go for her first if you wanna see the best asap.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Crosaith.

Heads up, if you're looking for a quick fap, you should probably look somewhere else. Story is king with this one.

Review

Beautiful art, interesting characters, great writing and the best UI I've seen in a VN. This is one of those upbeat, heart warming games that will bring a smile to your face.

If you are considering supporting a game, I highly recommend this one. . :coffee::giggle:(y)
  17. 5.00 star(s)

picobyte

A romantic positive spirited story, very well written, personalities feel very natural, beautiful art, music and voices. It takes a while before there are (censored) erotic scenes. The choices are limited. It plays like a feel good anime movie (Whispers of the heart, studio Ghibli comes to mind - as an European my experience with anime is limited though).
  18. 5.00 star(s)

veselqku

You can freely fast forward or go back to review the texts!
    In this visual novel game "HOSHIORI YUMEMIRAI" the player will discover a great volume of story by first encountering the heroine in the "School Chapter." More plot about the present and a hopeful future with the heroine will get revealed from the "After Chapter" and the "Two Summers" as well.