Daz hospital asset

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Hello,

i am looking for some more specific asset if they exist.
Scene will be a hospital bed where the figure is hooked up to an IV. I looked around but i did not see any asset that would give me that.
Perhaps there is a way to fake it?
If there is, i would appreciate for sharing.

Thank you

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
(or this has including IV) and or asset will allow you to run a cable into the character maybe you can make the line on the original IV invisible (as it is coiled up) otherwise you might have to place some assets strategically.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I am using this asset Modern Hospital Room which looks great.
But i like to convey that the figure has some serious issue and so some tubes that go into the charater would be great.
This looks really good. Thanks for sharing. I will try everything out and see what will do the job for me. :)

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
In other, better programs (Blender) you can use 3d Bezier curves to deform geometry. So you can make cables, ropes, reins, etc and put them wherever you want as easily as using the pen tool in Photoshop.

In Daz Studio, you can either rely on terrible assets that use bones and morphs and are generally impossible to work with, or you can model it in Blender and export it as a static mesh.

Reactions: osanaiko

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
In other, better programs (Blender) you can use 3d Bezier curves to deform geometry. So you can make cables, ropes, reins, etc and put them wherever you want as easily as using the pen tool in Photoshop.

In Daz Studio, you can either rely on terrible assets that use bones and morphs and are generally impossible to work with, or you can model it in Blender and export it as a static mesh.
Jo, Blender.
lol
Well, i have to see if that asset does what i want it to do.
But i agree that assets usually are not as great as you can not bend them really. Though to me, if they have bones, at least you can bend them somehow.
If nothing works, i will check the Blender route. Have to check first a guide though.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
(or this has including IV) and or asset will allow you to run a cable into the character maybe you can make the line on the original IV invisible (as it is coiled up) otherwise you might have to place some assets strategically.
Well, the FG assets are static which is really a shame. It's like the assets i have from the room.
There is, however, potential with Ron's cables. So i will try that. afterall, fake it till you make it. :)

p.s. sadly nol download link currently working. I am not sure if i want to buy that outright.

Last edited:

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Jo, Blender.
lol
Well, i have to see if that asset does what i want it to do.
But i agree that assets usually are not as great as you can not bend them really. Though to me, if they have bones, at least you can bend them somehow.
If nothing works, i will check the Blender route. Have to check first a guide though.
Bending them isn't really that useful because it's all forward kinematics. They'll rotate like a tail, and every single time you make an adjustment to a bone up the chain it propagates all the way down.

Using a Bezier curve is the best solution.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
If you've got lots of patience (patients! lol), you could try meshgrabber with the static asset to connect the tube.

Blender would be a much better solution but you need to spend some time getting into it, learning its ways.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Alternatively, you could try take the tube from asset (or something else that has something similar) and put a glass/clear shader on it. You could also likely change the color of the glass shader to make it red for blood, if needed.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I am not sure.
To me, i don't mind to cheat at some level but for a hospital scene it seems a lot of work actually.

What i was looking for is the mask that is hooked up to a breeder of sorts. For the hoses there are options and i think you can cheat your way around.
Though it's work. Ron's hoses are more the matrix than anything else. Though some shader probably can make them appear to be something else.

The scene should be just a short intermezzo of sort. For that reason i don't want to spend too much time with it.
Got to work with what you got.

Btw. Blender seems really a viable option though my knowledge is really, i mean really limited.

I thank you all for sharing. Have to dig in deeper what options there are.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Btw. Blender seems really a viable option though my knowledge is really, i mean really limited.
Well, the more time you put into learning it now, the more opportunities you have in the future.

This is why I tell people who're still in "the honeymoon phase" with Daz Studio that it's shit and they should learn Blender as quick as possible, because you'll need it eventually.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Well, the more time you put into learning it now, the more opportunities you have in the future.

This is why I tell people who're still in "the honeymoon phase" with Daz Studio that it's shit and they should learn Blender as quick as possible, because you'll need it eventually.
Well, i have to use some guides to get familiar for what i need it,
I am neutral to both. Not preferring one over the other. So how about i create a hose in Blender. :)

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Just a quick note about Blender. You don't need to become a proficient modeler or even give up Daz to make use of it.

I'm terrible at modeling but there are so many assets that are almost what I'm looking for. It doesn't take much skill or knowledge to tweak them in Blender to your liking without having to create everything from scratch.

You could then just import it as an obj to Daz. Learning just the basics of Blender will still be very beneficial even if you intend on sticking with Daz.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
This is a little old and i may not needed anymore, but i found an asset that i did not know existed.
So for anyone else, here it is.

I should look more often on that site. So many useful things there.