VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - House of Tulips [v0.01 Prologue] [Lusitano]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Death0rGl0ry

Thankfully this demo / rough draft / proof of concept is mercifully short, AVOID!!!

Feels like the work of a school kid or someone else with little real world experience or knowledge of ANYTHING they're writing about here!

I would've given a one star (which is what this release merits IMO) but it's clearly VERY early in the development process (version 0.01) and obviously a first attempt at a VN.

I think uploading this early was a mistake and will potentially put off many people. Although if you think you've done good work so far it's probably a good thing you scare away lots of us before we waste too much time!

Zero immersion due to; ridiculous scenarios, implausible interactions, unrealistic dialogue, continuity errors and poor writing (with lots of typos, spelling errors, bad grammar & translation). I'm honestly confused how the writing can be SO bad when it's supposedly based on an existing novel!?

I get that this is a work of fiction & realism clearly isn't a priority for the developer but there is so little believability it's just comical (and not in a good way)!

Art style is OK but the weirdly deformed body shapes of most of the characters & some bizarre design choices in terms of the assets & aesthetics used spoil it. I did like the few, little, nods to the film noir genre in a couple of scenes.

Does two alternating images repeating a few times REALLY constitute animation!?!?!?

I wish I could say I think House of Tulips has potential, but I don't think it does. I definitely won't be following it's development but I might check it out again once it's finished, but I'm not feeling very hopeful.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

maninx

A promising crime thriller to look forward to

Interesting story with intriguing plotline with a nice set up for a crime thriller
    Good writing with humor so it's engaging
    Great story telling with well organized scenes and neat presentation that goes back and forth to explain the plot
    Good character building
    Nice renders with new assets the models are hot
    Nice sfx for setting up the atmosphere

The story seems interesting and the in between elements could make it all the more better
    As someone who loves thrillers I hope it's a beginning of a great story
    Looking forward to what unravels in the future
    Gooluck dev keep up the good work.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

CourtesyFlush

So far so good. A short visual novel with standard click to see next slide gameplay and some decision making system. Decent renders and writing. It's just a prologue and only the begining of a (detective) story (about 1 hour of gameplay) and jury's still out.