Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Should get back to this game again let it update a bunch so should check it out now.

NetZero

Aug 9, 2016
Should get back to this game again let it update a bunch so should check it out now.
if you havn't played in a while don't start with version 0.4.1.0, wait for the next one. This one is bugged, sure you can get a blowjob but there is a huge frikken "congrats ending yay" thing in your way so you can't see shit. if it wasn't there it's not too bad.

Reactions: Burt

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
if you havn't played in a while don't start with version 0.4.1.0, wait for the next one. This one is bugged, sure you can get a blowjob but there is a huge frikken "congrats ending yay" thing in your way so you can't see shit. if it wasn't there it's not too bad.
Ty for heads up bruv.

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Updated on whats coming in next release
Hey guys,

Here's a break-down of all of the expected changes coming to House Party 0.4.2.0. There's a lot of awesome stuff in this build. I'm going to push to get a little more content done before the actual release day, but I already have a huge laundry list of things that are going to be included in this build, which covers some very long-awaited functionality.

0.4.2.0 is slated to be released to $25.00+ supporters on 2/1/17. The updates from this build will be released to $10.00+ supporters on 2/15/17, and it will be released publicly on 3/17/17.

Here's a breakdown of what you can expect out of 0.4.2.0 so far!

Save/Load Games:

Players will finally have the ability to Save and Load their games! There's really not much to explain about it beyond that, but I feel like I should be writing more about it because players have been asking me for this feature for so long! Dun du du daa! It's here! You now have the ability to save your game in up to 10 save slots, and load them back up at will.

User Interface Overhaul:

So the entire user interface has been overhauled. Without getting too technical, I converted the system to all use the same underlying mechanics, so the result is a much smoother UI. I also touched up some areas and made them look a little more slick. I did away with the Achievements system because it was pretty much the same thing as the questing system. In its place, I added images alongside the questing system that change over time as you work on the quest, and I think overall it is a much nicer system. Check it out and see what you think!

Custom Stories:

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, last week I released the software. This will allow you to create your own custom House Party stories even with having zero experience in either programming or Unity. I've already been working closely with a few eager individuals, so there are already some custom stories being worked on. The custom stories can be uploaded and shared and loaded into your House Party game, and I may include some select stories in the actual builds. It's awesome to see that there are already people jumping on this and writing stories!

Anti-Aliasing:

For those of you who don't know what Anti-Aliasing is, it basically just makes the game look smoother and sharper. For those that do, I've added an anti-aliasing filter to the main camera (can be turned on and off via settings) that adds a lot to the overall look of the game!

Tone-Mapping/Color Enhancement:

Also in the interest of bringing a smooth and great-looking gaming experience to the table, a tone-mapping/color enhancement filter has been added to the main camera (can be turned off via settings). This really brings out the colors of the game and makes for an overall more realistic and less washed out type of look.

Laying Down:

Characters can now lay down on beds. (Bow-chicka-bow-wow!). No seriously though, in the same fashion they were recently able to sit down in chairs, characters and the player can now lay down on beds. You may see this happen throughout the game that they might just up and decide to take a load off and relax on Madison's bed for a bit. Of course, getting these characters (and the player) into these laying down positions opens up new possibilities for future erotic scenes!

Custom Story Creator Updates:

Along with build 0.4.2.0 comes another version of the . The House Party default stories have been completely re-written inside of the Story Creator so that every single aspect of what happens in each of the characters' stories are driven by the story file, and the original stories are included in the creator. This means you can take a look and see how House Party accomplishes each story, and use that as a premise to create your own stories! There's also a new section called "Event Triggers" that will allow story writers to set up events when a number of things happen in the game, which makes writing custom stories even easier!

The best news is that everything I'm reporting on here is already done! That means I'll have a few days to work on some new content to include in 0.4.2.0 in addition to all of these updates! This is by far one of the biggest updates of the game yet, and the new features are going to add the ability for the player community to start contributing content. I've been working toward some of the these features for a long time, and your support has helped me get to the point where it's now a reality, and I thank all of you immensely for that. I also plan on featuring stories and also possibly including some of the best story submissions in the game itself as an alternate story path.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Save and Load has been a weakness in this game since the beginning. Used to suck to have to restart just to drop that damn shelf on what's his name. I do like the way this one has been going, play has been improving along with the models, once there is some activity it will definitely be a lot of fun.

NetZero

Aug 9, 2016
0.4.2.0 released to 25+ supporters. it's only a matter of time now. I really can't wait to mod in a dialogue option for Patrick and Frank that says "Please die now" and they do XD

Reactions: sniff3005

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
House Party 0.4.2.1 has been released today to supporters who are pledging $5 per month or more.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Much as I loved the first version, when there are more scenes with the girls then I'll check it out again. Patrick's story is just not that interesting to me ATM.

Rauhe

Aug 22, 2016
To get Madison naked: NOTE: it's currently not possible to get both sisters naked in the same playthrough. You get one or the other.
1. Talk to Madison and tell her you'd like to get to know her better.
2. Talk to Madison again and ask her where the bathroom is.
3. Grab Madison's phone from the bathroom.
4. Give Madison's phone to Ashley. IMPORTANT: make sure that Madison is not around when you do this.
5. Tell Ashley that you're in (again, make sure that Madison isn't around).
6. Go to the end of the hall upstairs, and retrieve the pencil from the end table in the spare bedroom and the sheet of paper from the study.
7. Go to the master bedroom and look for the book on top of the dresser. Make sure that Madison is not in the room.
8. On the book, select "Use with" and then select the sheet of paper.
9. On the paper, select "Use with" and then select the pencil.
10. Go into the walk in closet and look for the safe. You might want to check again to make sure that Madison hasn't walked in.
11. Use the code you got from the paper/pencil on the book to open the safe and take Madison's diary.
12. Give Madison's diary to Ashley (I've not done this in front of Madison, so I don't know whether she'd react to this or not, but realistically she should, so make sure she isn't around).
13. Open your inventory, select Madison's phone, and inspect it.
14. Click on Photos, then click on either Messages or E-Mail to send the photos to your phone.
15. Give Madison her phone back.
16. Talk to Madison about the photos on her phone. Follow her to the master bedroom.
You should be able to figure things out from here!

To get Ashley naked:
Follow the steps for getting Madison naked up to step 3. Do NOT give Ashley Madison's phone, or you'll be locked out of the Humiliate Ashley quest and won't be able to get Ashley naked.
1. Give Madison her phone back.
2. Talk to Madison about a reward for finding her phone. IMPORTANT: make sure that Ashley is not around to hear the conversation.
3. Talk to Ashley. First, tell her that she's way hotter than Madison, then ask her if she's okay. Do NOT tell her you can see the resemblance.
4. Talk to Ashley again and ask her if you can help with her situation.
5. Get the towel from the countertop of the downstairs bathroom.
6. Give the towel to Ashley. Suggest that you could wash her clothes for her.
7. At this point, Ashley will ask you to bring her Madison's diary as proof that you're not in league with Madison. To do this, follow steps 6-12 of getting Madison naked above. It's okay if you've already done this without speaking to either sister.
8. Give Madison's diary to Ashley.
9. Talk to Ashley again and tell her that you think you've proven yourself. Follow Ashley to the spare bedroom and close the door behind you.
10. Talk to Ashley and tell her that you're alone. Before you leave to wash her clothes, talk to her again and ask her if she's okay. Do NOT suggest that she take her panties off yet.
11. Go to the kitchen and get the soda from the fridge.

At this point, you have a choice: you can either give Ashley the soda without tampering with it if you want to complete A Change of Heart, or you can tamper with the soda to complete Humiliate Ashley. Either way, you'll get Ashley naked if you ask for her panties after giving her the soda.

To complete "A Change of Heart":
12. Put Ashley's clothes in the washer/drier combo.
13. Get the soda from the fridge and give it to Ashley.
14. Talk to Ashley and ask for her panties.
15. Give Ashley her clean clothes once you're done ogling her.

To complete "Humiliate Ashley":
12. Go to the kitchen and get two things: the soda from the fridge and the bathroom skeleton key from the counter near the microwave (behind a red cup).
13. Lock the door to every bathroom in the house (two upstairs and one downstairs).
14. Get the eye drops from Madison's walk-in closet. Use the eye drops to tamper with the soda.
15. Give Ashley the tampered soda.
16. Immediately talk to her and ask her for her panties.
17. Stand there and wait.

To get Stephanie topless:
1. Talk to Stephanie and introduce yourself.
2. Talk to Stephanie again and compliment her dance moves. Do not tell her you can see up her dress.
3. Talk to Stephanie a third time and ask her if she's having fun. Tell her you'll help.
4. Retrieve the whipped cream from the fridge. Use ctrl to move other stuff out of the way so you can see it.
5. Give Stephanie the whipped cream and wait for her to start dancing again (usually it's immediate).
6. While she's dancing, talk to her and compliment her dance moves again. Do not tell her you can see up her dress.
7. Talk to Stephanie yet again and ask her to dance topless.
8. Get the Chardonnay from the small closet in the upstairs laundry room.
9. Give Stephanie the Chardonnay.

That's all the nudity in the game (for now), but there are still a few other things you can do. Most of it is placeholder stuff for quests that haven't been completed/implemented yet. Here's what I was able to find:

Brittney:
Talk to Brittney in the study several times, telling her that her top looks great (don't compliment her boobs), then comment on her still being in the study after you cheered her up the last time you spoke. She'll ask for a distraction. Stephanie dancing topless will fit that bill. Tell Brittney what's going on to get her to come out of the study.

Rachael:
Examine your phone and click on your Vickie Vixen wallpaper. Talk to Madison and ask her who might know Vickie. She'll tell you that Rachael knows her. Introduce yourself to Rachael, then talk to her again. Compliment her sweater (do not ask her what her sign is), then talk to her a third time and ask her about Vickie. When she asks if you know Vickie, tell the truth (you don't know her), then agree to do what Rachael asks. That's as far as it goes for now.

Katherine:
When you first speak to Katherine, choose the response about using the word "need" outside its intended purpose. That's the ONLY option that yields a positive result. After that, go talk to Frank and Stephanie and ask them about Katherine, then come back to Katherine, and talk to her about each of them. After that, ask Katherine why she keeps checking her phone, give her the intelligent response, and then finally, ask her if she'd like a drink. That's as far as she currently goes.

Frank/Patrick:
You can get Frank and Patrick to fight each other. It served a purpose in an older version of the game, but serves no purpose in the current version. To do this, talk to Frank (tell him you're not drunk), then talk to Patrick about Frank. Talk to Patrick again and ask him how he got his bottle of Merlot. Then go tell Frank that Patrick has alcohol (best make sure that Patrick doesn't hear you do this). After the first fight, Patrick will eventually recover, but he will have dropped his bottle of Merlot (which you can pick up if Frank isn't around). The Merlot currently serves no purpose, but you can get Frank to attack Patrick again (and again) by talking to him.

geriatre

Aug 22, 2016
If you want to hack the save file, it's located in
AppData\LocalLow\Eek! Games\HouseParty\Saves

its name is savename.hps

the save file is a JSON (plain text) file with some extra data at the beginning and the end

If you open it with a text editor like Notepad++ it's not easy to read because the 500 KB of text are on a single line, so you could use the Notepad++ addon JSTool which has a JSFormat option to indent the file and make it easy to read and edit.

Unfortunately the addon can't do that because of the additional binary data at the beginning and the end of the file, so you have to copy the JSON data between (and including) the two brackets { }, paste it in a new file and use the addon JSTool/JSFormat to make it readable

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Then you can transform negative interactions into positive interactions (increase friendship/love instead of decrease)

One important thing to not though : the file size must remain the same, so if you remove a minus sign(changed "-1" to "1"), you have to add a character somewhere, like additional space or a 0 before a value ("01" instead of "1")
Note the file size or character count before you start editing.

The save file contains the story dialog data and other interactions which you can edit, not just game variables like inventory and love/friendship, that's why it's 500KB large

I havent played much of this new version, I don't know how friendship/love have an effect on the story, if any.

To edit the +1/-1 changes in interactions, look for "Type":"Social","Value":"
you can get instant Best Friends by editing this

Reactions: Burt

Interamna

Feb 12, 2017
Is there any way to remove the ambient occlusion effect from the game, maybe with some external editor? My PC is a toaster and from last update the game is slow as fuck for me.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Is there any way to remove the ambient occlusion effect from the game, maybe with some external editor? My PC is a toaster and from last update the game is slow as fuck for me.
Can you adjust it from the options menu?

Interamna

Feb 12, 2017
Can you adjust it from the options menu?
No, it's the only graphic feature added in the last update that doesn't have the option to be turned off. That's why I'm asking if there's a way to remove it with an external program.

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes