How are games with "cartoon style" graphics made?

Jeetzera

Apr 1, 2023
This may sound like a silly question to some, but how are games with a similar graphic style to 'Eternum,' 'My Bully Is My Lover,' and others made? What software is used? I thought they were created with Daz, but I have searched for assets in that style and found only a few. I really enjoy that style and would like to delve into it further. Could someone provide some guidance on where to begin?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
This may sound like a silly question to some, but how are games with a similar graphic style to 'Eternum,' 'My Bully Is My Lover,' and others made? What software is used?
The studio that come with Honey Select 2 and, for Eternum, I guess also a bit of post processing.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
This may sounds like a stupid question but does it come with clothing and things?
I never gave a thought to HoneySelect but i am really curious. Another great way to waste time. :)
Got lo look into that how everything works with this program.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
This may sounds like a stupid question but does it come with clothing and things?
Yes, but you'll more likely want to use mods in order to have something more fitting what you want and less looking like all the other HS/HS2 games.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Yes, but you'll more likely want to use mods in order to have something more fitting what you want and less looking like all the other HS/HS2 games.
Well, i downloaded the whole thing. A 170GB file. It has mods for sure. Have to check for other mods.
Are you referring to the models? I think what i like about it from my first run, is the easy everything works but i have no clue really, yet.
Not sure if you can import DAZ characters. I will keep exploring since it seems really fun to play around with it.

ca3gamedev

May 23, 2023
Tools are just tools.

Usually you can take models and export to blender to edit a bit or other 3D editors and go render a model into anything you want.

From The Eternum shot, I assume It was DAZ but I am not sure, I am a blender guy mostly.