How big should an adult visual novel development team be?

This is a question for both players and game developers.

• Just one guy knowing what he is doing.

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • 2 one a graphics artist and one a writer.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 3 one graphics, one writer and one coder.

• 4 graphics, animation, writing and coding.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 5 graphics, animation, writing, coding and testing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One guy who posts once a year after reaching 10k income

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Um you guy's know people who actually develop a game instead of ripping off patreons???

• Other post below please

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ceadmon

May 28, 2020
Dear fellow Scholars, as someone who plays adult visual novels, and possibly make them. How large should a development team be?

As for me I believe 2 should be the magic number but one with a good workflow and an actual knowledge in timeline and story boarding could do there job if he worked for 10 days a month following a pre written script, timeline and story.

But I also believe for larger income artists it should be 3 plus but a lot of them are cheapskats who can't code if there life counted on it.

So what's your opinion follow Scholars what's the magical number?

zzero017

Nov 21, 2020
hey speaking of a team I can't draw for shit but I was a journalist for several years and love writing. Really interested in writing NTR if anyone has the need for another writer.

Apr 21, 2019
depends on the game really

a lot of people are new to the 3D world (and I persoanlly never actually did 3D work) and compare that to somone who is experienced who has shortcuts and quick hands when it comes to creating scene A, focused on the idea rather than how to do it, time will be %95 spent on the scenes rather than looking up how to do X and Z, an inexperienced would take almost double or triple creating the same scene and stuff like that

Now, I'd say it would be from %100-%200 in terms of quality / speed increase, and it will have much, much more polished edges rather than weird 2010 icons and dated menus and the like (since well, it's has some other stuff other than the 3D world)

Silvsilv

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2017
Depends on what you want to do. Visual Novels in Ren'Py can be solo projects without problems if you can do the writing or 3D partly well.

Ceadmon

May 28, 2020
Depends on what you want to do. Visual Novels in Ren'Py can be solo projects without problems if you can do the writing or 3D partly well.
I know but sometimes when you need branching paths or different outcomes things can get a bit complicated.

Silvsilv

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2017
I know but sometimes when you need branching paths or different outcomes things can get a bit complicated.
Sure, but you don't necessarily need a programmer for that. All depends on your scope. If its your first time with anything, just go small the first time around. Doesn't even have to be public. You will quickly see what you aren't able to do yourself, if so.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
Depends on gameplay/complexity of the game and its story
simple linear visual novels are definitely possible with 1 person but really 2 or 3 is the recommended number, but a sandbox with a ton of minigames, side content, extra money making jobs and minor rpg elements then again, possible with 1 but more updates and easier workflow with 4-5 for that kinda game