Ren'Py How can i add button in quit menu

Tinkel Studios

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
Hello guys how can i add a button about my Patreon or Youtube or something while quit screen?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Hello guys how can i add a button about my Patreon or Youtube or something while quit screen?
There's not quit screen. Ren'Py use the generic "confirm" screen (located in screen.rpy) for that.

Therefore, not only you need to tweak it, but also to tweak it in such way that the button will only appear when it's the screen is used as quit confirmation.

For this you can probably rely on this condition, if message == _( "Are you sure you want to quit?" ):.
There's also this one, if isinstance( yes_action[1], store.Quit ): that should works.

Reactions: Mock1ngb1rd

Tinkel Studios

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
There's not quit screen. Ren'Py use the generic "confirm" screen (located in screen.rpy) for that.

Therefore, not only you need to tweak it, but also to tweak it in such way that the button will only appear when it's the screen is used as quit confirmation.

For this you can probably rely on this condition, if message == _( "Are you sure you want to quit?" ):.
There's also this one, if isinstance( yes_action[1], store.Quit ): that should works.
Umm im kinda monkey for these things can you send me an total example about that? Where i must write this if isinstance thing and if message thing?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Umm im kinda monkey for these things can you send me an total example about that? Where i must write this if isinstance thing and if message thing?
Don't want to be harsh, but had a fucking night, and a fucking morning, but seriously, if you need a live example for something as basic than "add a conditioned imagebutton to a screen", are you sure that you want to make a game ?

Tinkel Studios

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
Don't want to be harsh, but had a fucking night, and a fucking morning, but seriously, if you need a live example for something as basic than "add a conditioned imagebutton to a screen", are you sure that you want to make a game ?
Tryin to learn

Tinkel Studios

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
I am not native english that's why sometimes i feel like im at trouble

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
I am not native english that's why sometimes i feel like im at trouble
Put your patreon link in url and use it for the imagebutton or textbutton action, and just add your imagebutton where you want it, probably in the confirm screen in you screen.rpy.

action OpenURL("URL")

Everything you need for imagebutton :

Reactions: Tinkel Studios

Tinkel Studios

Game Developer
May 13, 2018
Put your patreon link in url and use it for the imagebutton or textbutton action, and just add your imagebutton where you want it, probably in the confirm screen in you screen.rpy.

action OpenURL("URL")

Everything you need for imagebutton :

TY MAN <3

Reactions: UncleNanard