Unreal Engine How can I find an investor for a game?

How much money are will to invest for 20% of game profit as leverage

• $200

• $300

• $400

• $500

• $0 go fuck yourself

Results are only viewable after voting.

CosmicRuler

Jan 24, 2024
Hi everyone, I'm an Unreal Engine game developer/designer.
I have quite a few ideas for games and I'm capable enough to make them but I lack funds to stay afloat.
So I was considering getting a job as an UE developer for a project and even got one. But suddenly the one who hired me couldn't find time to work on our project and abandoned it.
So I'm seeking to secure some funds to make a game by giving the investors 20% of the profit share.
And this thing obviously looks like a scam but think about it if I'm gonna scam I will be losing a larger profit compared to the investment.
(I'm still trying to get a job as a game dev but it has not been successful yet)
Do you guys have any ideas on how to proceed?
I like to show I'm sincere and passionate about making games but I have nothing as collateral to give other than my time and skills.
Or is it possible to raise money with just a first release?

These are some of my works

Cartman-Brah

Jul 8, 2024
why don't you try kickstarter? if you can convince people of the quality of your project, you can raise enough money to complete your game.

Reactions: LfkCn

overlord5

Sep 8, 2017
Kickstarter is only for US, my country is not allowed. But the irony is that I can support other devs in kickstarter.
no it isn't, pleanty of kickstarters are in europe and south america

you need alot more info though if you are looking for a real investor such as a plan on how to spend the money, roadmap, some kind of marked analysis.

honestly any of the above suggestions would most likely scare investors away, as it indicates crazy risk and suggest inexperience on your part

Erosoft

Jun 19, 2017
Write a detailed Game Design Document and form a roadmap for development. It should also specify where funds need to be allocated and why. Comb over it carefully to ensure it reads professional.

Reactions: CosmicRuler

CosmicRuler

Jan 24, 2024
no it isn't, pleanty of kickstarters are in europe and south america

you need alot more info though if you are looking for a real investor such as a plan on how to spend the money, roadmap, some kind of marked analysis.

honestly any of the above suggestions would most likely scare investors away, as it indicates crazy risk and suggest inexperience on your part
I'm not from either of those countries, as I said Kickstarter isn't an option for me. But yeah detailed documentation of game, roadmaps and proper bill makes sense.