VN Ren'Py How can I have unlimited rollback?

Kane_Freeman

Dec 10, 2020
Hi, friends! I was playing a VN game but I accidently choose a wrong option. I tried to rollback from my auto saves to choose the right option but it didn't work because of the rollback limit. I don't just want to use save editor and change the option. Because there is a scene in that option I want to see. It's a long game and it will take too much time even if I start playing with skipping seen texts. Could you please help me?

Last edited:

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
It's a long game and it will take too much time even if I start playing with skipping seen texts
I've had this issue before in Ren'PY games and rollback limits can be annoying sometimes especially if there is a future scene that I cannot view because I didn't make the appropriate choice some hours before in a completely random scenario with another girl.

The best rule of thumb is to make separate saves before scenes that you think will have a material impact later down the line. Of course, this is totally subjective, but being overly cautious like this can at least provide you with a save that you can easily load back to choose the right option that you need and then skip to the future section of the game and choose the corresponding option that will lead you to the scene that you want to view.

At this juncture, I presume the game that you were wanting to roll back to is a sandbox game with a lot of explorative elements. If it was just talking/scene-based and not sandboxed then it would be easier for you to skip through the scenes and arrive at the section that you require. But if there was no save, then I'm afraid the only option left for you would be to start from scratch and just skip through the dialogues that you have already been exposed to.

Reactions: Kane_Freeman