Ren'Py How can I keep the OEM text box PRESENT for decisions/choices while DISCARDING the same for normal dialogue texts and such on a Ren'py game (figure)?

Apr 9, 2021
I've really started to like this, H-I it's still me hFIcwooKGrUnui1Tg1CZ! Today, I unfortunately have far too little time to make introductions, so I'll cut to the chase:

I have MILFs of Sunville v3 (latest update on Steam) on right now on my WORSTATION and I want to play the game to the FULLEST.

So I applied the Ren'Py Transparent Text Box Mod v2.6.3. (no, don't worry) I did all of that correctly because I am definitely improving thanks to all your noble advices and so far so good BUT (there is always a BUT), I am not satisfied with the results entirely and as you can see from the images!

Unfortunately the TEXT BOX completely disappeared as intended BUT now I left with something I can't like in this FORM.

In the spoiler I will insert the entire code of the , you could give us a look from the top of your collective wisdom and kindly tell me how I could edit IT so that I still have the text box removed in all other circumstances (e.g. when normal dialog text happening) except during selections/choices/decisions like the one in the screenshots...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

| Information about latest boot of the game |
Thu Feb 24 21:48:13 2022
Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439

BEFORE

20220224223942_1.jpg

AFTER

20220224224536_1.jpg

- Thank you so much in advance for whatever you will say, and have a good morning/evening/night whatever you are -

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Your issue is setting all the menu choices to None:

Code:
style.menu_choice_button.background = None
style.menu_choice_button.hover_background = None
By doing this it removes the png file that is used in the original menu choice (both the idle and hovered). That's it really, basic renpy.

Apr 9, 2021
Your issue is setting all the menu choices to None:

Code:
style.menu_choice_button.background = None

style.menu_choice_button.hover_background = None
By doing this it removes the png file that is used in the original menu choice (both the idle and hovered). That's it really, basic renpy.
Perfect, I know where to act now but instead of NONE to allow the text boxes for the choices to reappear should I enter another value of a certain type or just delete the entries from outline.rpy of the MOD?

Ren'py base, you say? I know. I'm at a very low level... but I will be better, I promise!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If you want the menu choices without a graphic keep the background=None. If you want the OEM (from the first pic) then either comment out or delete those lines that are placed to make the background graphic file removed. That's it. I can tell that you have it in more than one place which is rather odd. You should review the code as it could be much more efficient. Copy/pasting code from multiple sources is likely screwing you all up. (there's code from several titles in that snippet). Regards.

Apr 9, 2021
---

I know... that's not my code to begin with, this is the Ren'Py Transparent Text Box Mod v2.6.3 by Penfold Mole taken without modification. I think that he included so many titles because he needed custom settings for each of them but as you say... it is not very efficient this way and you have the risk to create unpleasant redundancies IF the compiler for some reason goes crazy AND reads ALL those section of codes at ONCE!

I'll be redundant: But you've been a great help to me, Sancho1969... the world needs people as helpful as you are! (y)

Don't be jealous OTHERS, on the forum until now I have met several people like him.

This is the real strength of a community, in my opinion!

---

Edit (Thursday, March 3, 2022 @ 01.02 CET) :

In my case, I returned to it only after quite a while that's why I update now the comment here, I didn't have to edit these values below (in the spoilers) because the ones you recommended were for the game titled Babysitter (or Babysitters)

The ones that served and were filled in that "mess of lines" WERE this ones in this other spoiler which must be commented out so that the "phenomenon" shown in the previous figures disappears (also the colors)... I'll leave down a small explanatory video where I show the procedure (in addition to the values that I will write in the spoilers) ↓

Meta information and "indication" for the procedure (yes I know... nothing so "significant" here :ROFLMAO:) ↓

Final result ↓

P.S: However, it seems that somehow I'm still get a little too much movement and shaking (if you prefer) when I hover over the text box of the choices (now restored to its original glory) with the mouse which if I remember correctly was not there in the game vanilla, could this be another effect of the transparency mod in your opinion?

Last edited: