Ren'Py How can i make a good Ren'py port?

SinCensuraX

Jul 12, 2021
Hi guys, I'm here to ask something to the renpy port experts

I am a translator for a small website, so I have to do a lot of ports per week.

When I make a port, I put the following in the original script (original because it is not the tl one)

"define config.hw_video = False"

"android-presplash.jpg"
"web-presplash.jpg"

"android-icon_foreground.png"

"android-icon_background.png"

I found this on the official renpy website, but I think I'm doing something wrong, because when I put it, only the icon is put, and not the presplash.
I also put something so that it was supposed to "ask for storage permission" but it never worked so I decided to remove it, if someone who knew about this could help me I would be very grateful, I have searched a lot on my part but I can't find more than a few posts in confusing forums.

Thanks for the help

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
android-presplash.jpg should work fine as long as you put it in the root folder of the project. Since icons are working, I'm guessing you are doing it right. Maybe there's something wrong with the image itself? Maybe could also be related to a Ren'Py version you're using?

Add to your ports.
Python:
define config.gestures = {
    "n" : "game_menu",
    "s" : "hide_windows",
    "w" : "rollback",
    "e" : "skip"
}
And add a secondary save location.

SinCensuraX

Jul 12, 2021
What happens is that when I put the icon the presplash disappears, only if I remove the icon the presplash does not disappear, with the version of renpy I use the 7.4.8.1895, the image does not give me problems, maybe the problem is that I'm using 2 presplash, the "web-presplash.jpg" and the "android-presplash.jpg".

I put the images here:

1636227815597.png

And thanks for the gestures, I didn't know that

Reactions: LightmanP