Daz How can i make Nikkohl Shoes make appear worn

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
These shoes are nice but look brand new.
Daz - Nikkohl Teaser Platform Heels (G8F & G8.1F) | F95zone
Now i checked in the textures but only find a view files. None of them for any color but for the parts.
Is there an easy way to make them look worn?
Shaders are meh more or less because it looks unrealistic.
I would like to have them look worn overall including the footbed.
The author didn't not include that option.
Did anyone attempted the same maybe?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
There's a few shader presets for the product. The ones that are not just shiny plastic (i.e. the leather look ones) use the texture files in: <daz asset folder>\Runtime\Textures\devianttuna13\Nikkohl Teaser Platform Heels\

If you make a copy of the "dt13NTPH_Base_color.png" file as a backup, and then go in with an image editor and try adding dirt and smudges to the various parts, save the file, then delete and reload the product from your scene (the texture files are cached so this delete/reload process is forces the textures to reload), you can judge how much and where to add the wear-and-tear you want.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
There's a few shader presets for the product. The ones that are not just shiny plastic (i.e. the leather look ones) use the texture files in: <daz asset folder>\Runtime\Textures\devianttuna13\Nikkohl Teaser Platform Heels\

If you make a copy of the "dt13NTPH_Base_color.png" file as a backup, and then go in with an image editor and try adding dirt and smudges to the various parts, save the file, then delete and reload the product from your scene (the texture files are cached so this delete/reload process is forces the textures to reload), you can judge how much and where to add the wear-and-tear you want.
I will check it. what i probably will do is find some banged up real images of the shoe. I wasn't sure where to add that actually. So good i asked.
Let me see how good i am in faking it. :)

Reactions: osanaiko

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I will check it. what i probably will do is find some banged up real images of the shoe. I wasn't sure where to add that actually. So good i asked.
Let me see how good i am in faking it. :)
There is another question that i actually have.
How can you rig a shoe to dangle?
I was looking for some tutorial that explains it so i can understand. These heels don't dangle. Though i could use the cheap solution to unfit them and adjust them to the foot. Not optimal but works.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
There is no "dangle heels from toe sexily" pose that i'm aware of. Manually positioning it is probably the best bet.

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
There is another question that i actually have.
How can you rig a shoe to dangle?
I was looking for some tutorial that explains it so i can understand. These heels don't dangle. Though i could use the cheap solution to unfit them and adjust them to the foot. Not optimal but works.
Create prop from figure. (if you do it with "edit" menu prop will be pair of shoe - hard to dangle)
- load shoes to empty scenes or hide all items in scene display/visible off (do not fit to any figure and do not pose it)
- in scene menu or properties make all shoe "bodyparts" unvisible exept 1 foot and children (toes etc)
- export as an obj
- load exported obj to scene and parent to G8F toes
- posing toes should looks like danling shoe

Little bit similar to your solution but posing prop is easier then figure

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Create prop from figure. (if you do it with "edit" menu prop will be pair of shoe - hard to dangle)
- load shoes to empty scenes or hide all items in scene display/visible off (do not fit to any figure and do not pose it)
- in scene menu or properties make all shoe "bodyparts" unvisible exept 1 foot and children (toes etc)
- export as an obj
- load exported obj to scene and parent to G8F toes
- posing toes should looks like danling shoe

Little bit similar to your solution but posing prop is easier then figure
Thank you so much.

I will do that.