How come barely any of these games are on steam?

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Just wondering...
If you read some of the comments and news posts on Steam the whole thing is a bit of a mess. Many games are still being held back and removed by Steam, usually with no communication from Steam about it. Oddly the slide puzzles are doing fine though.

Take as a example, have a look at then and finally . Looks like it will finally be , but it took a lot of time and effort dealing with them.

I'm still waiting for ... Scenes are probably holding it back, but it's the core of the game and the company releasing are seemingly just leaving it in release limbo.

For games like , I would think the way they're works in progress wouldn't go to well on Steam (although GP seems to be doing ok). There are usually very few people making the game too (sometimes with other full time jobs), I doubt they have the times to deal with Steam and make the game as well.

Reactions: DaClown

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Also a lot of the Daz assets used are MUCH more expensive if you buy the commercial licenses for each asset. Can't legally sell your game on steam with the $10 models. That's why the 2d drawn assets usually populate steam instead.

Deleted member 710237

Jun 26, 2018

was waiting for this game,even tho i already have the Japanese ver
looks like its never going to get released on steam.