How disturbing can these games get?

Silver

Regular
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
doesn't matter if it is banned by patreon or not, if enough people reported, they will put your game down. I personally think what you described is messed up, and you don't actually plan to make a game like that.

Reactions: Zippity

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I wanna know the limit of how fucked up can adult games get in order to have no issues in patreon (or its alternatives if there are any).
I know patreon doesn't allow incest and there are some obvious rules like no underage sexualized characters. but what about some other fucked up things?
would straight up rape be fine? like imagine this in a game: the protagonist kidnaps someone off the street and slices her up after raping her and then kidnaps her mother and forces the mother to eat her child's meat. how would this game do in patreon's policy? would it even be legal? I know this example is a bit too extreme but I just wanna know where's the limit.
Patreon and some other sites like it, have strict rules about what Adult content is allowed by anyone using their site to accept donations... The trouble you run into, is that Patreon does not have the man power to always be able to properly police every member of their site... So it is actually left to the public, to report violations when they occur, so Patreon can properly research and ban that type of activity... And it's sad to say, there are folks out there who try to hide the content from being discovered, knowing full well they are in violation of the rules... Because they are greedy...

That is the biggest downfall of the Patreon age... It is a purely subscription based donation website... And I've mentioned this before on other threads, but Subscriptions are easily forgotten about... And of course, that is what the underhanded developers like most about Patreon and their ilk... A steadier flow of money, because people are generally lazy, they forget, or they don't always pay attention completely to what is really happening...

The publicly posted rules for Adult Content on Patreon are as follows:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So technically, there are probably a lot more folks in violation of the rules, then what you would think... And those who hide their content from detection by just not mentioning it on their page, they will eventually get caught, if someone reports them or their content comes under random review by the site host...

Patreon, and others like them, are a business... And because of that, they have to keep strict control to ensure they do not become associated with things that put them in violation with local, federal, and international law (including Treaty Law)… Or things that might open them up to law suits or generally make them look bad (just look how they remove all Mature flagged content from their site search engine)... If you go to their main website, they do not associate themselves with Adult content at all... They portray themselves as a site for normal Artists, Authors, and so forth... It's only over the last several years that folks making erotic VN/Games as well as folks like Video Streamers and so forth, have began flocking to use Patreon… Before a couple years ago, I had never even heard of Patreon… Now you see it all over the place, outside of erotic stuff... So of course, the sites like Patreon have to adapt and I've seen many more rules appearing on their site since then... Because of how heavily it is now being used by erotic VN/Game makers and so forth... Things they never had to deal with before... But they are adapting quickly...

So to give you a direct answer, things like Rape, Non-Consensual Sexual Activities, Beastiality, Under aged (less then 18) sexual content, and so on, are things that Patreon specifically points out as a violation of their rules... Regardless if they are real or in other visual/text formats... And I'm sure there are others they would not want to be associated with on their site as well...

Zip

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Patreon selectively enforces it's rules based on an agenda. When Patreon was hacked, thousands of message exposed the corruption, wherein many "Patrons" are nothing more than sock-puppets distributing funds from political activist groups.

SorosBlackHateGroups.jpg 44e.jpg 3.jpg

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
A game like the one you have described exists, English translated from Japanese.
That said, no, Patreon would not allow such a game on their platform.