How do I fix the reputation of this game?

Deleted member 4182570

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
I am working on a game, Project Nevaryn. An unofficial user had posted the prototype/trash version of the game that was only built and distributed as a way to test the itch.io formatting. This was not meant to be seen. People have seen this and thought I am only in it for the cashgrab, which I am not. I am uploading my own versions to my itch.io page, where everything is official and viewable.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Easiest one is probably to just report the game thread with a "Game Update" containing a link to the updated version of your game explaining why you want it to be updated.

You can also open a ticket requesting ownership of the thread and developer badge.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Best bet is to have a word with staff and probably get a new thread started with the actual info you want sharing on.

Unfortunately this is a piracy site and the way things are handled by some people here isn't exactly developer friendly.

That said, more often than not, a games reputation is usually built up over time and not left to fester after one bad showing. Even the best games on here either started out bad or had at least one dodgy update.

Your biggest saving grace will come from your core players once you get them. They are the ones that will spread word of mouth and keep up to date on the info.

As long as you show people you are putting the work in I doubt one bad showing will have any lasting impact.

4 Anon

Jan 13, 2020
The others pretty much gave you solid advice.

How do I get Developer Tag?

- You must have a demo or at least 1 version of your game available to share on here or wherever you can get it (Patreon, DLSite, MangaGamer, etc). You will need to submit a support ticket attached with the proof you are the developer. Proof can be in the form of a screenshot of you in your Editor UI in Patreon or etc. Besides that, screenshots of you working on the game (Daz, Renpy, etc), etc works as well.

Deleted member 4182570

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
I see. This makes sense. I was not sure if I should have taken action or not, so it's good to make sure. As it is my first experience, I was just unsure if I should do anything or not. Maybe I'll report it for a ticket to update? It seems so weird and awkward reporting my own creation as if I am not the developer of it.
Thank you.

Deleted member 4182570

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
It had been updated into the game version that it is now, which is something I'm happy with. I reported the thread and added an updated link to it, meaning, if I'm not mistaken, the thread would be refreshed onto the site with the correct download links, correct? Does it also make the front page of new posts as well or does it stay where it is, where only watchers can see the change?

4 Anon

Jan 13, 2020
You should still ask for the developer tag and control over the thread my making a ticket. (top right open ticket -> general support)

Write your story (as you did here), link the thread for your game, ask for dev tag and ownership of said thread, add proof.