How do I get Images for characters?

Apr 28, 2019
Ive never do a game before, but Id like to try. Im just having trouble. Ive never coded before, but Im slowly learning. I cant draw. So is there a way to get premade images or 3D models?

Marcibx

May 5, 2018
Hi there, I have been in a similar situation. I have never made a game - I have never written one, I have never programmed one and I have never created art for one - and now I am making one.

So, if you want to do it yourself - assuming you want to create a visual novel type game - there are some that come with original assets (e.g. Visual Novel Maker), but those are basic stuff that can help you to tell a story, but don't expect erotic stuff.
The original assets can help you with being placeholders as well - you create your game with them and then replace them with the actual art you want to add.

Then, you can go and find a partner on this site. This is what I did. (I wrote the story, learn renpy and found a partner who does the art.) If you have a game concept, you can offer position to others to join you, or if you don't, then look for a position that you could fill.
However, regardless which one you do, make sure to have something to offer. Play around with DAZ3D and get some experience in that, start writing your story and make some scenes, or download renpy for free and learn using it. All three are surprisingly easy to learn (couple of weeks) to a degree where you can actually do something.
And check out the Bloo Guide - there is no better place to start your game developer carrier.

Good luck (y)

Reactions: mockito and jv60

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
Really depends on what type of art you want and what kind of system you have. If you hire an artist then they'll take care of that so you don't have to worry. If you can't afford an artist or want to try to make it yourself, as Marcibx said, there's daz though generally it has fairly high GPU requirements and it takes a while to learn how to do everything properly in it to make really good art. It also has the problem where if you don't want to rip off other artists, the assets can get pretty expensive to the point that a few dev teams I've contacted put about half the money they make into buying assets. An alternative with the same type of style that's been starting to gain some popularity is Virt-a-mate though I haven't used it so I can't say much about it.

On the other side is anime style which is largely dominated by koikatsu and honey select, both of which are made by the same company. These are both generally a bit quicker to get started with than daz and come with everything you need if you get the repack versions that you find here. In my opinion, honey select looks better but has fewer mods than koikatsu which means you have to do a little more work. Koikatsu is the easiest to get started with and there's any number of tutorials around which makes it my number one reccomendation for new devs if you don't mind the style of it.

Reactions: mockito and jv60
Apr 28, 2019
Ive downloaded Daz 3D so I have that going for me. At the moment I cant pay anyone. So I guess Im going to try and learn Daz. Thanks for the help