How do most of renpy developers make images for their game? (best way?)

henrikad

May 6, 2018
So basically my question is what is the most common way for developers to make non hentai type of images for their adult game? for example images of people and sex scenes

Any program or...?

i have been trying to learn Renpy but couldnt find any tutorial on what is the best and most common way to make these high quality images that i see in adult games

like some of them look extremely high quality i wonder how can someone even make such high quality images?

and if there is no common "program" for this, then answer this: how did they make images for big brother?

henrikad

May 6, 2018
Daz3D is what you are looking for.
thanks, so can someone who hasn't done anything related to graphic learn this quickly or it takes a lot of time to learn? I am a programmer but was never in the field of designing graphics, how long do you think it will take for me to make great images with this?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You can learn to use DAZ3D within a day even without a tutorial, if you want to be faster go ahead and watch a few tutorials while downloading and installing everything.

The hard part is making a scene look good, better than a "standard" render, every artist has their method of setting up lights, there are surely a few tutorials about it too.
Those with a weaker machine may instead prefer to do post rendering edits through photoshop to make the colors more vibrant and overall better looking without too many lights.

I call it the hard part because it requires experience, the more renders you'll do and more things you will try, the better and unique result you will get, it is all up to you really.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
thanks, so can someone who hasn't done anything related to graphic learn this quickly or it takes a lot of time to learn? I am a programmer but was never in the field of designing graphics, how long do you think it will take for me to make great images with this?
All depends on your definition of "great", and how much effort you put into it. LOL

@Winterfire 's comments apply to any graphics program, not just to Daz3d. As a programmer, you're obviously aware of the fact that you can master the rudiments of a new language in a reasonably short period of time, but that it takes longer (and a lot of practice) before you become really good at it. The same applies here.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I started to use DAZ in Febuary last year, took me eight months to get to a stage where my renders looked good enough (for me), even now Ive made about 300 renders for my game and I have changed the lighting because of things Ive read in the last 50 or so of them so they are better again (I hope). Im not saying it will take you or anyone else that long, but it does take time and practice.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
There is to say that you do not have to spend eight months on a single game, you can get better by completing one or two games... Redoing everything should *almost* never be an option.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
So basically my question is what is the most common way for developers to make non hentai type of images for their adult game? for example images of people and sex scenes

Any program or...?

i have been trying to learn Renpy but couldnt find any tutorial on what is the best and most common way to make these high quality images that i see in adult games

like some of them look extremely high quality i wonder how can someone even make such high quality images?

and if there is no common "program" for this, then answer this: how did they make images for big brother?
The Bloo Guide [2019-01-30]