How do sites that host games work?

Jun 18, 2022
I want to make a Website like these Guys but better in UI, Speed, Fast Updates, Cloud Saving and other Features, I also want to add more Games onto it, Unity and other Engines too, given it is possible. I don't know a lot about Renpy but am curious how Renpy actually works on the Web and how have they really implemented it. I would be really glad if anyone who knows anything about it can answer.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I don't know a lot about Renpy but am curious how Renpy actually works on the Web and how have they really implemented it.
If you don't even had the idea to take a look at Ren'Py official documentation, to see if the answer can possibly be found there (hint: it is), are you really sure that you've the knowledge needed to make such website ?

Reactions: cooldude33

gamcore

Aug 29, 2018
We can cooperate! if you have any good ideas, we can implement them together on Gamcore.com.
Let's start with better UI and faster updates.
What would you change?

Jun 18, 2022
We can cooperate! if you have any good ideas, we can implement them together on Gamcore.com.
Let's start with better UI and faster updates.
What would you change?
Hey I love your site man, it's just that it's not the most pleasing that it could be given how pleasing the content really is over there. It's better than your old one but not by a lot, it still looks very much the same, it could be a lot better is what I'm saying. That's true for the upload side of things too. How does that happen? Do you have a team for that? From what I understand you compress the stuff or download someone else's compressed game, replace videos with images and do the RenPy Web Export thing and then upload or do you use the RenPy Web Updater?

I would really be happy to work with you. Full Disclosure though I am a Web Developer and don't know a lot about RenPy but could learn it in a week or so I guess, as I am already proficient in Python. Working with you would be pretty nice I could perhaps help with the website too. How do I contact you?

Last edited: