How do you feel about using two different art styles for renders/art

bcsjkdfjksh

Mar 22, 2019
Hey, i was using a mix between photo pictures and Ai-shojou/HS2 models and I was wondering if that would be an annoyance, a bother or I should just stick to one art style

bcsjkdfjksh

Mar 22, 2019
A consistent art-style is incredibly important. Unless it's a text based games visuals is your bread-and-butter so spending the time to get it right is paramount. Never mix styles unless you are really experienced at art know what you are doing.

I am writing a text style game/html.

I will then use renders from AI for all avatars and general media as real life

What do you think about that

Apr 24, 2020
I believe I've only seen one type of mixed art style that kinda worked, which was photos with heavy filters for backgrounds and 3D renders for characters in the foreground.

Jofur

May 22, 2018
I am writing a text style game/html.

I will then use renders from AI for all avatars and general media as real life

What do you think about that
I'm biased as I heavily prefer my text games to be mainly text. Portraits, icons and that stuff are nice and I encourage it, but when it comes to the actual erotic content to me you should always allow the text itself to shine and not distract with images that just ruin your imagination. I don't know to the extent of which you plan to use real-life images, but it's only for showing off locations in a limited way; I think as long as you keep the real-life images and AI portraits separate and never have them interact it could sort of work. It's not ideal, but it could work.

bcsjkdfjksh

Mar 22, 2019
I'm biased as I heavily prefer my text games to be mainly text. Portraits, icons and that stuff are nice and I encourage it, but when it comes to the actual erotic content to me you should always allow the text itself to shine and not distract with images that just ruin your imagination. I don't know to the extent of which you plan to use real-life images, but it's only for showing off locations in a limited way; I think as long as you keep the real-life images and AI portraits separate and never have them interact it could sort of work. It's not ideal, but it could work.
thank you for being honest, it was a host of gifs and pictures, but i've noticed the most popular html games, like lost in laminate do very well using subtle pictures with their writing and it pulls off. I've also noticed they don't write heavy paragraphs, which is something i've taken note of.

Thank you for your advice, it means a lot.

I was not thinking of them as interacting, the 3dCG would be for portraits only, the rest of the art for scenes and actions would be via real life pictures