VN Ren'Py How do you prepare for a game release?

Apr 1, 2020
Hello everybody, I'm preparing to releasing the demo for my game. And I'm just wondering what the best way to release the game is. Should I make a patreon/blog post about the characters/setting of the game? Make a devlog? Or any other way of just talking about the game before its release?
Or do I just release the game without any of that and hope for the best?

Imisx

Corruption lover
Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
You do need a devlog but after your second release, I mean, what do put inside it if that's your first release? Regarding patreon, watch out for their rules, you don't want to post an h-game that could get you banned. Sometimes subscribestar is better. If you are not planning to make the f95 thread yourself with all the info, you definitely need to post something. A general overview and some captivating screenshots are more than enough, but the more info you want to give, the better is. Maybe you can write about implemented and planned content too...
I suggest you to publish it on itch.io too for extra advertising, and maybe get a bit ahead with the work of your second release before publishing the demo, just to have an advantage because I think it's very important not to make people wait too much for the first couple of updates. Good luck.

Reactions: Visibly Malding