How exactly does the "Latest Updates" section work when a game is updated?

DaughterOfSif

Aug 21, 2022
Hi all, quick question. I just updated a game, and in Latest Updates I can see the version has been updated. But it hasn't shown up at the top of the list (it stays buried a few pages in) so people don't see it's been updated today unless they search for it. How exactly does that work?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hi all, quick question. I just updated a game, and in Latest Updates I can see the version has been updated. But it hasn't shown up at the top of the list (it stays buried a few pages in) so people don't see it's been updated today unless they search for it. How exactly does that work?
Each game is restricted to one "latest updates" listing per 7 days. You uploaded the game for the first time yesterday and it was listed yesterday. Today's update will not be listed.
General Rule number 3: https://f95zone.to/threads/general-rules-updated-2022-02-01.5589/

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
A game is moved to the top of the Latest Updates by an uploader/mod. If you update links yourself, you can report the post with the new links. But you won't get to the top of Latest Updates more than once a week, and it has to be a content update, not just a bugfix.

DaughterOfSif

Aug 21, 2022
Oh, I see. Time-gating it makes sense, otherwise people would abuse the system. Just wasn't sure if something was broken. Thanks for the replies!

Reactions: Alcahest