How far are we from adult games that use procedurally generated and/or player-guided AI art?

Jun 4, 2019
We already have games that use image packs (which can be created by the player or downloaded from the community around the game) like Brothel King. Or sandbox games where you can straight up ignore the NPCs specifically made by the game creator and have sex with procedurally generated NPCs like Lilith's Throne, or simply only have procedural NPCs like Free Cities, but these NPCs are mostly text-based with maybe some procedurally-generated sprites.

For someone like me that's only aroused by specific body-types (i.e. adult women with smaller breasts) that are pretty rare in traditional adult games out there, the only options we have are either the rare game that focuses in our preferred body-type or these kinds of flexible games that I described in the previous paragraph (purely text-based sandboxes or imagepack-based games).

What I'm wondering is how far are we (if possible at all) from sandbox text-based games that allow the player to generate customized images for their NPCs. Like, maybe something simple where there's only one image per NPCs (a full-body portrait maybe) which can be generated randomly or can be modified/prompted by the player specifying some physical characteristics (then under the hood the game generates the appropiate AI art). And the sex in the game is just text-based.

Or maybe something more complex where the player generates their NPC portraits like described before but also the game then it's smart enough to keep generating basically CGs for each sex act. I'm assuming there's a lot of challenges with this, consistency between the images of a same character for starters, no?

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
We already have games that use image packs (which can be created by the player or downloaded from the community around the game) like Brothel King. Or sandbox games where you can straight up ignore the NPCs specifically made by the game creator and have sex with procedurally generated NPCs like Lilith's Throne, or simply only have procedural NPCs like Free Cities, but these NPCs are mostly text-based with maybe some procedurally-generated sprites.

For someone like me that's only aroused by specific body-types (i.e. adult women with smaller breasts) that are pretty rare in traditional adult games out there, the only options we have are either the rare game that focuses in our preferred body-type or these kinds of flexible games that I described in the previous paragraph (purely text-based sandboxes or imagepack-based games).

What I'm wondering is how far are we (if possible at all) from sandbox text-based games that allow the player to generate customized images for their NPCs. Like, maybe something simple where there's only one image per NPCs (a full-body portrait maybe) which can be generated randomly or can be modified/prompted by the player specifying some physical characteristics (then under the hood the game generates the appropiate AI art). And the sex in the game is just text-based.

Or maybe something more complex where the player generates their NPC portraits like described before but also the game then it's smart enough to keep generating basically CGs for each sex act. I'm assuming there's a lot of challenges with this, consistency between the images of a same character for starters, no?
Why not just have the devs offer a selection of curated MC images to choose from? Because if you're going to want the unlimited options from AI, the text is going to have to be so generic (to never contradict a possible option) that it would be utterly boring. At least with curated characters, the text can be modified to reflect that choice.

AI is not a replacement for curated content, and shame on us if it comes to that one day.