How far away are we from games that feature AI girls ?

kristijanEX

May 25, 2020
I just played the Yandere AI Girlfriend simulator and the concept of the AI thinking for itself and you being able to respond ANY way you want was so interesting, wondering when we will have the same kind of system for games of the more adult nature, usually featured on this site. I want to measure my rizz against virtual girls like the guy from The World Only God Knows.

For added information, I don't mean AI art which is it's own thing, but rather the ability to chat with AI without censorship that ChatGPT usually puts on it. I mean no boundaries, unadulterated +18 fun with some customization to the user experience.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
It already exists, although there is only one that I know of: https://f95zone.to/threads/virtual-succubus-v0-39r1-succudev.54086/ but anyone can make them, as services offering such tools exist: but you could also easily integrate offline models with the only drawback you'd need to include them in your files (and have the game's size be colossal) or guide the players on where to download them and how to poke them together with your game... Of course, they'd also need to meet the requirements, which only a small percentage of players would meet.

While the concept is cool, it is not something I'd be willing to do as a dev because I wouldn't have control over everything the NPC says.

kristijanEX

May 25, 2020
What would be the benefit of adding AI? Being able to endlessly ask characters questions?
Isn't the whole point of rizz is adapting to whatever obstacles the girls throw at you and succeed? I could be wrong, but it sounds like you might be looking for a game with a heavy focus on conversations, I'm sure if you ask on here ppl could provide some to you.
It could pose a challenge towards getting with a girl, if you aren't "her" type, you don't get none, which is the main goal of these games. I feel like there's definitely room for it.

GrandYonic

Oct 20, 2019
It already exists, although there is only one that I know of: https://f95zone.to/threads/virtual-succubus-v0-39r1-succudev.54086/ but anyone can make them, as services offering such tools exist: but you could also easily integrate offline models with the only drawback you'd need to include them in your files (and have the game's size be colossal) or guide the players on where to download them and how to poke them together with your game... Of course, they'd also need to meet the requirements, which only a small percentage of players would meet.

While the concept is cool, it is not something I'd be willing to do as a dev because I wouldn't have control over everything the NPC says.
Strange. I'll have to try Virtual Succubus myself, I think convos are something that has to be directed by a dev.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Strange. I'll have to try Virtual Succubus myself, I think convos are something that has to be directed by a dev.
Haven't tried the game either, but judging from the comments I read from time to time in the past out of curiosity, that's not the case. The succubus would suddenly change gender, among other things. Breaking out of character is very common and easy for what is essentially a chatbot.

There are other issues with it though, such as leading the NPCs to do things against rules (Rape, incest, and so on) which could get the dev in troubles with the platforms they are in, or even partake in genres the dev did not intend, such as NTR.

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
Actual legitimate artificial intelligence? Years, if not decades.

Chatbots or virtual intelligence? Right now, as Winterfire pointed out.

arcticmine

Jun 9, 2017
I just played the Yandere AI Girlfriend simulator and the concept of the AI thinking for itself and you being able to respond ANY way you want was so interesting, wondering when we will have the same kind of system for games of the more adult nature, usually featured on this site. I want to measure my rizz against virtual girls like the guy from The World Only God Knows.

For added information, I don't mean AI art which is it's own thing, but rather the ability to chat with AI without censorship that ChatGPT usually puts on it. I mean no boundaries, unadulterated +18 fun with some customization to the user experience.
Have you tried TavernAI? It lets you use many different AI language models including open source ones. It's mainly just an UI for chatting but there's also a few people working on some similar projects to that yandere thing like and . (those are still in development and haven't been released to the public)

(also you can very easily jailbreak chatgpt to allow nsfw content, though you are technically violating their tos when you do it but they don't seem to care if you use their API)

Reactions: kristijanEX

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
The problem is there is no game either erotic or not that use AI NPCs that have actual proper agency that can Act in the World.
The best we have is still The Sims.

There is just not enough "Substance" in terms of the Interactions and Gameplay Depth.
Even with ChatGPT the conversation does not have any meaning and consequence that impacts the game. It's "Talking" just for the sake of "Talking".
Even if it were to result in a sex scene it would be the equivalent to a "get sex button", Illusion games pretty much have that exact same problem, you can customize as much as you want the H-Scene but it all feels meaningless anyway, our entire adult games industry could be said to be born from giving context and meaning to Illusion style h-scenes.

A Game needs to have some kind of Challenge that gives purpose and consequence to the Actions you are taking.

Alternatively a Story needs things like Plot, Conflict, Goal and Drama to the actions the characters are striving for to culminate into something that has meaning and give it a point to the conclusion.
Otherwise it's going to endlessly meander about.

Change and Consequences, the World has to Change, the Situation has to Change, the Characters have to Change with the growth of their Skills, Change in their Emotional and Psychological state, Change in their Relationships and the Judgement and Reaction of Others.

GrandYonic

Oct 20, 2019
Even if it were to result in a sex scene it would be the equivalent to a "get sex button", Illusion games pretty much have that exact same problem, you can customize as much as you want the H-Scene but it all feels meaningless anyway, our entire adult games industry could be said to be born from giving context and meaning to Illusion style h-scenes.
This part hits hard lol. NSFW games need to be playable even when you aren't horny. If you're persistent, you can bully a ChatGPT built character into doing whatever you want even if you make strict guildlines. Knowing that I can potentially exploit a bot kinda destroys the immersion imo. Id have to play all of these other AI games before I can form a solid stance but I agree with everything you said.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I'm not a fan of full on "typing" during gameplay.

I much rather more restricted results that change through action or more specific choices.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
I think this video is a good demonstration on what is the problem with current AI Interactions (and even honestly with most of the "writing" of the scenes of "adult novels" you find here).

It's about battles but the same rules should apply to conversations and even possibly sex scenes.

This is also related to the discussion:

Last edited: