VN - Ren'Py - How I Became a Female [v0.4] [GenderBenderStudios]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Kaladore

There is no gameplay to speak of, there is even less story. My grammar is likely better and this is saying a lot. It's just looping the same stuff over and over all in the name of gameplay. The scenes are lackluster and seeing them 15 times is not helping
  2. 1.00 star(s)

DirectXD1943

I genuinely can't think of a single positive about this game. Maybe the lighting is alright?

The models aren't very good and neither are the visuals in general. The worst example of that is definitely the actual sex scenes, which is gobsmacking for an AVN.

The writing is as bad as you can possibly imagine. Broken English, atrocious and nonsensical to the point where you can just BARELY get the gist of what's happening the majority of the time. Sentiments like "she is mad" or "she is horny". The story is even worse, as if they thought of nothing but the initial concept and THAT WAS IT.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

PantsRats

As of v0.4, it's impossible to try to give a synopsis of this game, because there's so little there to even describe. You were a man, now you're a woman.
    The quality of the game is immediately apparent in the first scene; Poor renders, exaggerated facial reactions, poor writing, and unlikable characters.
    I feel bad for giving such a negative review to what is clearly someone's first attempt at making a game, but it's glaringly bad.

My advice to the developer would be to just start over from scratch. Review dialogue from other stories or books and take inspiration from the writing style. Work on your facial features to make them less cartoonish. Maybe take some time learning some Renpy code ideas before making a new public version.

My advice to players is to skip this one entirely. Not worth the time or the download.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

humanstickobserver

What a hot mess.

Normally, I write long reviews, but I'd be at risk of eclipsing every written word in the game if I did that here, by a mile.

I have no issues with lesbian content, unlike some people here. Futa doesn't put me off. Transformation stories can be funny or interesting. But this garbage makes no sense.

Renders are pretty poor. Everyone looks same-ism. Mouth movement for speaking is ugly. Transitions are non-existent. Dialog is stilted, alien, and very brief.
    Things happen without knowing why. Not a huge issue, in a decent story you could expect to be told eventually. Here, I expect nothing, because the delivery of lines just suggests everything is taken at face value and will not be explained further.

I know this is more a demo than a first release, but it is 5 minutes long if you read SLOWLY, and it promises nothing worth coming back to.

Games like this piss me off. If you can figure out how to code, figure out how to write.