How is it difficult to develop just one 3D scene ?

Philip_J_Fry

Aug 20, 2020
Hello,
I don't have any 3D or NSFW project yet so I wonder how much time does it take to make just one interactive scene with a model, an object and an animation ? I'd like to create one scene where the player have the control on the action and not just a looping animation.
And which tools should I use ?
Obviously if I ask these questions, it is I don't have any exprience with animations, 3D drawing and with the tools and languages required to make 3D models moving.

Last edited:

Philip_J_Fry

Aug 20, 2020
It's impossible to answer.

What do you aim for? Give an exemple.
I'd like to make a fat model with heavy hanging tits first. Then I'd like to add breasts physics.
I regularly see models with huge breasts in RenPy games but those seem immobile or there is just a small bouncing effect when there are animations. I'd like to do something near HoneySelect just with the model that I would have created.
If I manage to do that, I'd try to draw an object + an animation to make the 3D model interact with it.
But I don't even know if and how it is possible.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
if you wanna make a real time game in unity or similar you're looking at a mountain of study. (but for contrast if you were just looking for a basic fps running around with zombie hands that would be like 1 day tutorial).

if you could code it from scratch it's kinda straightforward. but you wouldn't be here asking these questions because you'd already know.

if you want to make a 2d animation frame by frame, kinda laborous but doable. the biggest issue would probably be whether you have animation background, which I assume is no. you could make it, but it'll look shit. also interactive animation is a massive pain in renpy. so another platform might be better.

this is most likely way out of your realistic goals either way, unless you're holding back on some essential background knowledge. makes you kinda wish flash were still a thing. this sounds like exactly the job for flash.

OsamiWorks

May 24, 2020
I'd like to make a fat model with heavy hanging tits first. Then I'd like to add breasts physics.
I regularly see models with huge breasts in RenPy games but those seem immobile or there is just a small bouncing effect when there are animations. I'd like to do something near HoneySelect just with the model that I would have created.
If I manage to do that, I'd try to draw an object + an animation to make the 3D model interact with it.
But I don't even know if and how it is possible.
I think you will have a huge hurdle if you want to create a 3d models and art yourself, but why not just learn to make animations in honeyselect and use those as a reference to make the 2d animations in your game?

Reactions: Philip_J_Fry

Philip_J_Fry

Aug 20, 2020
I think you will have a huge hurdle if you want to create a 3d models and art yourself, but why not just learn to make animations in honeyselect and use those as a reference to make the 2d animations in your game?
I said I'm making a 2D game to explain I only have a coding experience with Python but I should not have talked about this project, I realize it is not useful for you to know that. Creating 3D models would be a totally apart project.

Your idea to learn to make animations on HS2 is interesting. However, I remember I didn't want to learn animation on HS2 because there were some issues like the breasts of female model passing through their body if you soften them too much and there are limitations concerning the fat body shapes, I never saw a fat model enough realistic on HS2.
Maybe there are mods to fix these issues of the physical engine ?

Edit : Another lack of the HS2 physics is the vulva. For instance, in 3D Sex Villa / TK17, the vulva of female characters widens itself when a dick or an object is inserted inside while HS2 is unable to do that.

Last edited:

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
make just one interactive scene with a model, an object and an animation ? I'd like to create one scene where the player have the control on the action and not just a looping animation.
And which tools should I use ?
Download unity and check out their official tutorials. It isn't hard, it just takes time to understand how things work and this will vary depending on your previous knowledge and how fast you can learn your way around the engine.

Unity also has several templates for different games which can make some scenes faster than others depending on where you start from.

OsamiWorks

May 24, 2020
I said I'm making a 2D game to explain I only have a coding experience with Python but I should not have talked about this project, I realize it is not useful for you to know that. Creating 3D models would be a totally apart project.

Your idea to learn to make animations on HS2 is interesting. However, I remember I didn't want to learn animation on HS2 because there were some issues like the breasts of female model passing through their body if you soften them too much and there are limitations concerning the fat body shapes, I never saw a fat model enough realistic on HS2.
Maybe there are mods to fix these issues of the physical engine ?

Edit : Another lack of the HS2 physics is the vulva. For instance, in 3D Sex Villa / TK17, the vulva of female characters widens itself when a dick or an object is inserted inside while HS2 is unable to do that.
idk, I think you know enough that moving to a real time engine isnt that big of a step if you have a few 2d games finished in python. What youre asking for with art is something more complicated and you want to start at the beginning. Im pretty much right there with you on that front. Start with blender and if you choose unity, do the creative core pathway alongside it

Reactions: Philip_J_Fry