How is subscribestar compared to patreon? is better? Worse?

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018

I found it recently since one of my favourite devs meakrob is on there. Given how controlling patreon is, it seems like a good option but I have no clue so I'm throwing it out to the community.
Is it any good?

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
When everyone was up in arms over sargon's ban there was a lot of talk about them, then almost immediately after that they lost a ton of payment providers. I'd say it's too soon to give them a chance, just for the stability of your income.

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
When everyone was up in arms over sargon's ban there was a lot of talk about them, then almost immediately after that they lost a ton of payment providers. I'd say it's too soon to give them a chance, just for the stability of your income.
So is the issue here the lack of trust from the H community?
or is it the cost? -
The calculation above takes into account our Service fee (7%) and Transaction Processing fees (2.9% + $0.3 on average)

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
So is the issue here the lack of trust from the H community?
or is it the cost? -
For me it's trust. The company lost a lot of providers because of controversy. There's no telling when they'll be forced to bend the knee, just as Patreon was. They didn't negotiate in order to be able to work explicitly with us, and thus can't be expected to uphold any standards for us.