How is your habit of saving the game while playing a visual novel?

:D

• Every time when I saw fappable stuff, I just adding a new save.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Sometimes when I saw something special.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • I am only saving when closing the game so I can continue later.

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Totally random.
I usually save at the start of an episode and at the end of an episode. Inbetween these two at options/paths etc. but I overwrite them a few minutes later. :LOL:

I know, that I literally have hundreds of pages I could save files on, but I try to keep it as low as possible. I have no clue why. :unsure:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I use quicksaves for choices to explore the immediate effects if they aren't obvious. From there on I only save either to exit the game or at the end of each update.

If I care enough for a game to do multliple walkthroughts, I keep a save at the main branching choice if such thing is possible and treat the subsequent playthroughs as I did the original.

Even the longest games barely last 15-20 minutes on fast forward, so it's quite easy to recreate any playthrough you want. This is why I don't bother too much with keeping better save records.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Also I wonder how many pages save files you have for your favourite games.
One by route, when there's effective routes and I follow them, else just one.

I save like I would do for a "regular game" ; when it's been a while or when I'm unsure of my choice. And I rotate through the save slots. There's just no game that worse having a save for a specific action.

For me, I have over 100's pages of save file ( which is more than 600 saves ) in the "Corruption [Final] [Mr.C]".
If at least there where a mod that offer you the possibility to tweak the game so much that you can see near to all scenes even after you finished the game...

Oh, wait, there's one...

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Count Morado

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
When I was new to the adult gaming, saved as much as I can, just a habit from normal gaming. But like Ratrio, most of the time never go back to using those saves. Currently if I

- loved a game, only minimal amount of saving, because I will be returning to that game later for replaying (for example a Struggle with Sin, Lab Rats 2, Girl Life, etc).

- liked a game, create saves for every good scene, usually will not replay it.

- disliked a game, save randomly and keep saves, stop playing.

- hated a game, delete saves, delete game.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
At every choice I deem significant. I use URM so I know if it could be a significant choice.

Those save files in your roaming folder can add up to take a pretty large amount of space though. I cleaned it out a few times of old games that I haven't played in years.

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
If the game has gallery mode, I only save before some "choices" and check different path outcomes.

If there's no gallery mode, well every save slot is occupied naturally.

Some games are boring with shit loads of dialogues(which are bad in first place), so simply skipping through wall of texts and saving at end before closing the game.

I picked :
Sometimes when I saw something special.
Which is more common to me, but if I could id pick all three options.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I save for what seem to be important choices, but I don't really ever go back and use the saves. It's more 'just in case' dev fucks up unintentionally as these games are far from perfect.

Me-ta-Xa

Oct 27, 2022
I mostly safe at choice points, and also check other choices if the game/choice is interesting enough.
And sometimes at lewd scenes (depending a bit if the game has a gallery/replay thingy or not).
And at the end of episodes, at least if mentioned that it is the end, and I'm not suddenly back at the main menu at the next click :oops: :ROFLMAO: