How long to render a picture on Daz3D (thread for beginners?)

(Please vote after reading thread) Was this thread helpful/informative for you?

• Yes, but just a little bit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, not that much

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kaula

Jul 1, 2017
Well, I have a decent build & I'm fairly new to Daz3D,

And I see lots of people saying rendering a single pic takes tons of hours,

If you have free time, can you share a pic and how much it took to render, and additionally, add your pc specs (it would help a lot)

Try to follow this format if you're interested in sharing:

Picture:
Picture content:
Time it took to render:

PC specs:

side notes/(anything you'd like to add):

(note: I mean by "Picture content" is that you can tell us how many objects have been rendered on and behind the scenes & what the picture is for (kiss, lust, sex, dinner with ... etc)

If you have a time to spare and would like to share, that will be helpful, not only for me but for other beginners, thank you :D

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
It is not about pictures but about lights and their settings.

If you don't have powerfull GPU (1070minimum) forget to do FullHD images, or you can, but that time will be higher.
12.png

Easy image. 3 chars on scene. From this angle 2 is not visible only hand. 2 point lights. On 1080ti in 1600*900 it takes 20 minutes. But with another setting you can make it for 10 or 2 hours with similar ressults
. depending on settings.

So that thread have not much sense.

Reactions: passerbyR34

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Around the 30-45 mins.
b6_0511.jpg

---------------
Around the 1 hour mark.
200 patrons.jpg

------------
2+ hours. Damn grass.
landscape luna going up.jpg

-------------

Specs (when rendering those renders)
1070 8gb
16 gb ram
ryzen 1600
internet drivers
--------------

But there is a lot more going on than simply the objects and characters in the scene.
A lot of stuff needs to be taken into consideration. Two characters can both have entirely different render times.

Skin res, sss, hair res, clothing and so on.

What I can recommend for people that needs some speed ups or if the renders keep failing to CPU is to use scene optimizer.
Some assets have unnecessary high texture res which slows down the render and can take it over the GPU vram so it goes to CPU which is a lot slower.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Around the 30-45 mins.
Can you... can you stop, please ? I want to try rendering, and looking at your amazing works is always so depressing :( You have the eye for the little details, all of them. And, my god, the way Luna looks like the young version of her mother, while still being clearly someone different, it will never cease to amaze me.

Oh ! I still have hope... you aren't perfect after all.
There's a mesh conflict with Luna's left (on the screen) bra suspender in the second image. A (really) small part of it is under the skin... And her pendant is always a little curved, but I know that it's more that just difficult to keep it straight while having it at this place.
[Note: It took me times to find the conflict, that probably is the only default :D ]

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Can you... can you stop, please ? I want to try rendering, and looking at your amazing works is always so depressing :( You have the eye for the little details, all of them. And, my god, the way Luna looks like the young version of her mother, while still being clearly someone different, it will never cease to amaze me.

Oh ! I still have hope... you aren't perfect after all.
There's a mesh conflict with Luna's left (on the screen) bra suspender in the second image. A (really) small part of it is under the skin... And her pendant is always a little curved, but I know that it's more that just difficult to keep it straight while having it at this place.
[Note: It took me times to find the conflict, that probably is the only default :D ]
Busted! I am flawed! I've been exposed.
Haha, thank you for the kind words anne O'nymous

Reactions: anne O'nymous