How much control is required for the mind control tag?

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
Greetings my fellow lovers of mind control.

I was looking at the mind control tag and found way to many games having the tag despite lacking the control part of mind control.
Plenty of sluttification, bimbification, drug use, etc that all seem to get the mind control tag.

I begining to see why ntr fans are always so pissed off.
Seeing your favorite tag misused got to suck.

So my fellow mind control lovers.
At what point do you believe something shoud get the mind control tag?

For me it is when you are clearly trying to control your victems.
Not just turning them into a sex starved slut, Not because you are condition them and not because they took a drug that makes them horny.
Control over the person in question.
That is what is needed.
When you make them do thing's against there will or without them having a choice in the matter.
It must be very clear you are controling them.

Yours?

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Overall I do agree that I would like to see mind control divided in "suggestion and mind control", the first one meaning trying to influence bit by bit someone and the second being a direct take over and forcing them to do something against their will.

prettystupid

Mar 30, 2019
There needs to be a mechanism whereby the mind is directly influenced without mediating factors. The efficacy can vary, but this is the key to what mind control is imo.

The example of drugs is one where there is often confusion and ambiguity. Normal drugs influence the mind and change the disposition and tendencies of the user, but don't afford any control to other parties. They still have to socially interface with the affected individual to influence them.
A mind control drug would specifically change something about the mind and/or make the user susceptible to having their mind directly influenced, such as by induction of a hypnotic trance.

I do think conditioning can be considered mind control if there is an element of hypnosis or some other mechanism where the mind is directly shaped by the conditioning. It's not always the case that this standard is met.

In general, brainwashing, hypnosis, some forms of corruption, etc are all what I would consider mind control. Possession can be if it has an impact on the psyche of the possessed.

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
There needs to be a mechanism whereby the mind is directly influenced without mediating factors. The efficacy can vary, but this is the key to what mind control is imo.

The example of drugs is one where there is often confusion and ambiguity. Normal drugs influence the mind and change the disposition and tendencies of the user, but don't afford any control to other parties. They still have to socially interface with the affected individual to influence them.
A mind control drug would specifically change something about the mind and/or make the user susceptible to having their mind directly influenced, such as by induction of a hypnotic trance.

I do think conditioning can be considered mind control if there is an element of hypnosis or some other mechanism where the mind is directly shaped by the conditioning. It's not always the case that this standard is met.

In general, brainwashing, hypnosis, some forms of corruption, etc are all what I would consider mind control. Possession can be if it has an impact on the psyche of the possessed.
I think something important is touched upon here, in that prettystupid is talking about elements that are "not normal" ie fantastical. I don't KNOW if any sort of mind control is real or not-- but if it is real it's certainly out of the ordinary.

Example: Some people fall in love or crush so hard they'll become obsessed, and become easily manipulated, maybe even take orders. This is a real thing that happens. But it's not mind control, right? It's not mind control until some fantastical element is put in place, whether that's hypnosis, subliminals, brainwashing, magic dick, I dunno. Something like that.

At the same time, all these elements can be harder or softer, so even within that, it can vary.