How much do you support on Patreon/SubStar Monthly?

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Hii ~ I really didn't find a good way to formulate this question but It's pretty simple though.
What's your montly expenses Pateon/Substar/(Fanbox?) combined?

My expenses right now is 26$ a Month.
Supporting 4 games & 1 SFM Creator. 3 on Pateon. 2 on SubStar.
i feel like it's getting out of hand but wanted to compare with you guys if you willing to share, if it's really that bad or not lul.

Reactions: Doorknob22

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Currently about $12. Used to be almost twice as much, but I felt $10 was too much for one dev per month, another put their project on hold, another dev has started a new game and still working on the alpha (which, yeah, I realize they'd have been better off financially in the short term milking the previous one), and another dev has put DRM on their game.

Reactions: Urusaisenpai

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
I support the games i like fullly. At least 10$ a month. But once they take more than 4 months to release an update i hold back and only give the minimum. I still feel stupid for even giving a dollar at that point.... but i still pay it to see the posts.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I tend to sit around $20-25. There are about $250 of patreons/fanboxes I want to support, but I don't have a very large entertainment budget, so... I try to prioritize lol.

If I had a pet peeve, it's the patreons where I have to spend $15-20 to get anything of value compared to not supporting them. There are a few artists I love but don't support because of that. Nothing wrong with having higher tiers, but I'd rather that be something I upgrade to eventually rather than a requirement to get anything.

Ratrio

Aug 21, 2018
For adult games, It's just become 0. It was 5 but I just cancelled before this months payment as I'm not playing the game regularly enough for it to be worth it atm.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Only £3 in terms of monthlies but I have a few annual pledges as well, timed so each of them renew during separate months. They would bump it up to between £15 and £20

OsamiWorks

May 24, 2020
I give 45$/month to creators right now but only 5$ goes to supporting an nsfw game dev from here. I've supported other nsfw game devs in the past but the creators I support right now are people I want to pay back for things I've received like answers to really stupid questions or access to things they've made that I've been using to learn from