How Much Money Does One Developer Made From One Popular And From Average Game?

Otaku Gamer

Apr 26, 2021
All I Just Want To Know Is That Is It Profitable To Made Adult Game.
Well I Think Its Not See Its Depend On The Game Also If The Story Of The Game Is Good And Scene Are Good Then The Game Can Full Your Pockets.
For Example:- Dark Cookie And NLT Media Both Do Made Really Some Good Game, It Can Be Or Not But Still Most Of The Game Get Abandoned Because Of Low Support.
SO I Think Its Is Very Risky To Made Game Because Its Very Much Possible That Game Did Not Get As Popularity As Developer Wants.

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
In my opinion, if you're living in Western world, adult game development is not really a viable career. Most "moderately successful" game developers make about $1000 on Patreon or less. Meaning, around, or less than minimum wage.
There's only a very select few adult game developers that really make a lot of money through adult game development. It's kind of like starting a Twitch stream, or similar, where the market is so saturated your chances of finding riches are low, and the vast majority of people who try, fail miserably.

If you're living somewhere with a weak local currency, it can be interesting due to your income being in USD or EUR. At that point, getting even like $500 a month could be a very decent income.

Personally I just develop an adult game because I like it, I treat it as a hobby.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
What i107760 said.

It's also really hard to predict which games will become super popular ($5000/month +) or which will remain moderately popular (around $1000 / month). To me, it seems like a lottery. But contrary to the lottery, you do actually have to put in quite a bit of hard work to come up with the first couple of releases in order to see if it's becoming popular or not.

Reactions: chainedpanda

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
SO I Think Its Is Very Risky To Made Game Because Its Very Much Possible That Game Did Not Get As Popularity As Developer Wants.
Only one game achieved to be popular from the start, WVM made by , and there's less than 100 creators, among the 47xx on Patreon, that achieve to earn at least as much as he earn right from the start.

Most "moderately successful" game developers make about $1000 on Patreon or less.
You are really optimistic.
The first one for who we can be sure that he earn less than 1000/monthly is , ranked . The list being ordered by default accordingly to the number of patrons, there's many who make more but that are classed below him, but globally only one forth of the creators make more than $200/monthly.

Reactions: 246 and i107760

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
80/20 rule (

Holds for just about anything in life... including ero-game development.