How much time it takes for my game to be indexed in itch?

LoboStar33

Game Developer
May 19, 2024
Hello, as i have said in a previous post, i have published my game in itch, but it isn't showing in itch store and my creator profile isn't showing when searching. How much time it will take to be indexed in itch?

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
It can take around 1 hour or so. Just keep an eye on the metrics, once the first 10 or so visitors show up, it means they're finding you.
I say 10 or so because every time you yourself open the page, it counts as a visit. Figured it after releasing my game there

Reactions: LoboStar33

LoboStar33

Game Developer
May 19, 2024
It can take around 1 hour or so. Just keep an eye on the metrics, once the first 10 or so visitors show up, it means they're finding you.
I say 10 or so because every time you yourself open the page, it counts as a visit. Figured it after releasing my game there
Thank you for reply, but the game still haven't been indexed yet. Let's see how much time it takes.

eugeneloza

Jan 2, 2022
Note that Itch doesn't seem to show adult games together with regular games, at least for unregistered users. Make sure you "look properly". E.g. you may not see your game in itch.io/games/last-day but it will be visible in itch.io/games/last-day/tag-nsfw.

LoboStar33

Game Developer
May 19, 2024
Note that Itch doesn't seem to show adult games together with regular games, at least for unregistered users. Make sure you "look properly". E.g. you may not see your game in itch.io/games/last-day but it will be visible in itch.io/games/last-day/tag-nsfw.
Hi, I check according to what you said, but still, my game isn't showing at all.
This is the link:
Am I doing something wrong here, I checked the guidelines but still can't seem to get indexed

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
Hi, I check according to what you said, but still, my game isn't showing at all.
This is the link:
Am I doing something wrong here, I checked the guidelines but still can't seem to get indexed
remove the comma from the title and see if you turn up in search. i've heard itch's search sometimes break for titles with non-letter characters

LoboStar33

Game Developer
May 19, 2024
remove the comma from the title and see if you turn up in search. i've heard itch's search sometimes break for titles with non-letter characters
Nope, didn't worked at all. I will wait I guess for a few days and then will contact their support. I thought it would be getting some downloads and stuff, but I guess one can't get everything easily.

eugeneloza

Jan 2, 2022
Indeed, can't find your game in any way except the direct link above. Hopefully it's because your account has just been created yesterday and you'll get approved soon enough.

LoboStar33

Game Developer
May 19, 2024
Indeed, can't find your game in any way except the direct link above. Hopefully it's because your account has just been created yesterday and you'll get approved soon enough.
I hope so, and thanks for your words, i thought no one would ever reply at all to me, given i am just a newbie. Thanks man

papel

Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
Tried searching your game by the name, itch doesn't find it. Can you confirm, under your game's "Visibility and Access", that it's marked Public AND, on the advanced configs, it's NOT marked "unlisted"?

1716234648447.png

LoboStar33

Game Developer
May 19, 2024
Tried searching your game by the name, itch doesn't find it. Can you confirm, under your game's "Visibility and Access", that it's marked Public AND, on the advanced configs, it's NOT marked "unlisted"?

View attachment 3654833
Screenshot_20240521-073908.jpg
No problem, here is the screenshot of the setting. I guess it's my first time account so I guess it's taking time for them to review and index it.

Story Teller

Formerly 'Ken'
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2024
My game takes 10 day after i publish to get indexed, if you already complete the requirement to get indexed and you still not get indexed even after 10 days or so, try to contact itch support and explain ur problem, im sure they will help you

LoboStar33

Game Developer
May 19, 2024
My game takes 10 day after i publish to get indexed, if you already complete the requirement to get indexed and you still not get indexed even after 10 days or so, try to contact itch support and explain ur problem, im sure they will help you
That's the plan. Hope that it gets indexed soon.