How much would be a reasonable price for a game like this?

123bandit

Aug 6, 2021
You are trapped in a house for 5 days. You have to avoid the person you are with, while finding items to let you escape by the last day. Approx 1 hr full game time (missing bad endings) and about 10-15 scenes.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You are trapped in a house for 5 days. You have to avoid the person you are with, while finding items to let you escape by the last day. Approx 1 hr full game time (missing bad endings) and about 10-15 scenes.
You realize you're asking about pricing recommendations from users of a site which typically download games for free. If this is an example of the kind of sleuthing in your game, then I agree with VoidTraveler.

As for JohnWesley providing the Edith Finch price - It's my opinion that $20 for 1 hour of game time is highway robbery, even if it is an award-winning product. Especially one that is 6 years old.

For 1 hour - you should be aiming for a quality product which would be found on the $4.99 / $9.99 level of pricing for a one-time purchase.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Free, and it would still probably struggle to get players interested in playing it.

gunderson

Aug 17, 2016
Price should be set based on demand. Without seeing your game, I have no idea what somebody would pay for it. But since I haven't seen your game or heard anything compelling about it based on your description, I would neither pay any money for it nor play it.

Wankyudo

Jul 26, 2017
Pretty much what Redknight said. If your game is under two hours, it's not worth monetizing because you'll get hurt more by the automated refunds in the long run. Better to just put it out as a free "proof of what I can do," and then work on a longer game after for monetizing.

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
It depends...
1) Where is the house located?
2) Do I get to keep the house if I win?
3) What are the property values like?
4) Are their any females to shag during my stay?
5) Is NTR optional?
6) Is there any incest, shota or loli content?