How strict is F95 about copyright laws?

coijga

Mar 29, 2020
I started making a Renpy VN using Koikatsu studio and essentially random wallpapers and clip art from Google Images. I of course do not have permission to use any of that but I'm not planning on making any money and I am modifying everything. At first it was just for fun and to learn how to make a VN but I'm making decent progress and think I might publicly release it at some point.

Am I good to post it here on F95? Or should I just forget about that and keep making it just for practice/personal use?

Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: Thermophob

GAMEPLAY7

May 4, 2020
I've seen same Daz3D models used in the new games over and over, bring me new experiences. :BootyTime:

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I guess I am! There seem to be some rules people stick to on here with game production but I suppose most of that is because of Patreon not F95.
Emh, it's not about some rules people stick to. This is privately owned forum, and Administrator(s) can add rules... not that other users can have input. Internet forums are not direct democracy, or any kind of democracy for that matter.
Anyway, to cut it short. This forum is a pirate forum. Piracy in this context is sharing of copyrighted material. I think it's obvious that upholding of copyright laws might be a thing which is not expected at forums like this...
Also, this for sure is not production platform. I guess, some people might use t in such way, but for most of part, games and comics from here are leaked from Patreon, Subscribestar etc... there are certain games forbidden here, but it has nothing to do with copyright laws.
Also, any issues of copyright might be gray zone here. Fore example, how to copyright RenPy game? RenPy and Python are free and open sourced... Developers buy and modify models, but they don't own copyrights... et cetera et cetera.
I hope this helps you.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Thanks yeah. The official rules are all pretty common sense. I just didn't realize this was straight up a piracy forum. A lot of the game posts seem to involve the devs but I guess they know piracy is inevitable so you might as well join in and speak for yourself.
Well, nobody said this cant be used as marketing platform. For struggling developer, this can be more than valuable. Also, they can have broader access to bug reports, exchange of ideas etc... Some started as users here. There are even some successful developers who decided to interact here... But in the end, this is a pirate forum.

Reactions: Droid Productions

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
I started making a Renpy VN using Koikatsu studio and essentially random wallpapers and clip art from Google Images. I of course do not have permission to use any of that but I'm not planning on making any money and I am modifying everything. At first it was just for fun and to learn how to make a VN but I'm making decent progress and think I might publicly release it at some point.

Am I good to post it here on F95? Or should I just forget about that and keep making it just for practice/personal use?

Thanks!
So you are using https://f95zone.to/threads/koikatu-final-repack-rx4-illusion.14554/post-881675 to create things and you wanted to know if it is OK to post it on this site?:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Thermophob

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Thanks yeah. The official rules are all pretty common sense. I just didn't realize this was straight up a piracy forum. A lot of the game posts seem to involve the devs but I guess they know piracy is inevitable so you might as well join in and speak for yourself.
Quite a few devs take advantage of the large number of people that pass through here. Getting your stuff noticed o Patreon alone is pretty difficult.

It is a straight up piracy site but there are dev that use it as free advertising.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I imagine there are probably a lot of people who also use F95 to "test drive" the DAZ assets they're interested in before buying. If I'm just modding or messing around with Daz for personal use I don't feel guilty pirating all of the assets I use. I'm not benefiting from any of that stuff financially.

If I make a game that people like enough to support financially then I would definitely make sure to actually buy the assets I used, even if it meant doing so after the fact.