How the HELL do you get Machine Translators to work?

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
Tried Chiitran Lite, tried VNR. They just don't work.

I have Windows 10 updated with the 4.7 Framework and I just can't get them to work. The TL in Chiitran doesn't show anything and I can't even get VNR to recognise the Visual Novel when I try to add it (when I try to add it by clicking on the window, it just doesn't register it). VNR also won't even update my database

Any ideas as to what the hell is going on? Every guide i've seen is either outdated garbage or vague as hell. Nobody gives a clear step by step guide and it doesn't help when it seems that Windows 10 really messes with a lot of the translators (apparently).

Can anyone give me a basic run down on how to get one running? Chiitran preferably? I have Atlas downloaded and all of that stuff, I just can't get the hooks to show anything. Here's some images of what I mean

Chiintran (won't show shit in the TL box) -

VNR (won't register the game window) -

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
No option to edit the OP so, I guess i'll leave my edit here.

Turns out it's likely due to having That Net Framework 4.7

I have no option to revert so does anyone have any ideas? Fucking Microsoft

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
No option to edit the OP so, I guess i'll leave my edit here.

Turns out it's likely due to having That Net Framework 4.7

I have no option to revert so does anyone have any ideas? Fucking Microsoft
This page contains the information needed to remove Framework 4.7 (even though in the question there's 4.6, I think that is the same) - and by doing that, you can install then 4.6 or older! c:

り乇ᄊの刀 ズノ刀ム 尺ム刀ᄃ乇

ᄃ乇刀丂の尺乇り
Donor
Mar 8, 2017
Another option for machine translation with lesser instructions:
1. Download DLSite Game Manager.
The links for the download and the forum about it respectively:

2. Download Translation Aggregator and its hook(agth).

3. Add the game.exe to the Game Manager.
4. Go to the settings of the Game Manager and go to AGTH column.
Set the AGTH path to agth.exe and Translator program path to Translation Aggregator.exe
5. Now start the game using the Game Manager and on Your TA Window, make sure this is Selected like this. It's sorta hard to see , but it should look kinda pressed down if it's selected. See the image below.

PS: For TA, you can select different translators to assist. I am using Google and Bing. You can change the font size for the words.

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
There's an easier solution to this problem. I use this, and it does a fairly good job of translating. It's a stand alone, so all you have to do is search for the game's *.exe, and it will start the game, and automatically translate it. It has online support for various online translators as well. It works very well with RPG Maker games in general. Chiitrans is a lot easier to set up than all the other things listed above. I learned that through trial and error.

This is the link for Chiitrans2:

Reactions: Asuna.

り乇ᄊの刀 ズノ刀ム 尺ム刀ᄃ乇

ᄃ乇刀丂の尺乇り
Donor
Mar 8, 2017
There's an easier solution to this problem. I use this, and it does a fairly good job of translating. It's a stand alone, so all you have to do is search for the game's *.exe, and it will start the game, and automatically translate it. It has online support for various online translators as well. It works very well with RPG Maker games in general. Chiitrans is a lot easier to set up than all the other things listed above. I learned that through trial and error.

This is the link for Chiitrans2:

Chiitrans don't work for Win 10 unless you uninstall Net Framework 4.7...

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
Chiitrans don't work for Win 10 unless you uninstall Net Framework 4.7...
Unless you uninstall it? I think you mean install it, which is no big deal. It just means you need Net Framework 4.7 or higher. Most Windows operating systems already have Net Framework as part of the OS. Just check which version you have, and make sure it's 4.7 or higher.

aquasilva

Oct 8, 2017
Can anyone tell me how to make chiitrans lite work with atlas? I have atlas v14 but when I select the option of atlas in chiitrans lite's options, nothing happens. I like the visual window of chiitrans and how you can mouse over the kanjis to get a description. But when I select the option of show original text and translated text. The translated one does not appear. I hope someone can help me.

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
Something changed with the Google Translate API so apparently ChiiTrans is broken again. Just spits out 503 connection errors when attempting to auto-translate. Does anyone know how to easily install an offline dictionary? I've been digging through Hongfire threads on the subject but it's leaving my mind spinning and I have no idea what I'm doing. Seems like there are countless "tutorial" threads over there which all contradict one another and contain totally outdated information from 2010 to 2014.

I found a download for ATLAS that supposedly should work but it's a completely different file format and is apparently meant to be used with Translation Aggregator, which doesn't appear to be a live translation tool for gaming. Seems like I'll have to run multiple different programs to get that to work and that just seems way overcomplicated when there's a perfectly usable live-translation tool with ChiiTrans that simply needs an offline dictionary option.

Any help or advice is well appreciated. Finding straightforward information on this stuff is a pain in the ass and I'm really feeling the same frustration that OP felt when he posted this thread.

Iskandrios

May 27, 2017
clatica
IF you mean working translator for games in RPGM, the most helpful for me is the RPGMV text hooker combined with Chiitran Lite. the link to the creator's forum post on ULMF that does a neat step-by-step explanation on how to.

IF however you're looking for a Translator for VNs...can't help much there as haven't even tried hooking anything...hope someone else sees this and gives advice

Reactions: clatica

clatica

Jan 6, 2019
clatica
IF you mean working translator for games in RPGM, the most helpful for me is the RPGMV text hooker combined with Chiitran Lite. the link to the creator's forum post on ULMF that does a neat step-by-step explanation on how to.

IF however you're looking for a Translator for VNs...can't help much there as haven't even tried hooking anything...hope someone else sees this and gives advice
Thanks for help dude.

Iskandrios

May 27, 2017
No problem. Hope it works without an issue for you.
One thing I'll note. After playing for several hours the hooker and/or Chiitrans tend to get stuck somewhere/get an error, tell you it stopped working and close. Closing both and then starting Chii again helps for a while. Just don't be surprised when it happens as that happened to every game I've used them on so far.