How to apply update

Sep 30, 2020
Hi, here i am with another noob question. I have tried to find my anwser before posting it but haven't found anything.

How do i apply an update. Lets say i played a game and have multiple saves and then the creator add a chapter or make an update. Now the new dowload is the full game with the new update included. I tried to just copy my save game in the new game folder but it gave me an error and made me start all over again.

thanks

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I tried to just copy my save game in the new game folder but it gave me an error and made me start all over again.
Well, it can possibly vary depending of the game, but 99% of the time if you put the save files in the same place they were initially (let's say they were in "c:/mygames/this game 0.1/save", and you put them in "c:/mygames/this game 0.2/save"), there's nothing you can do. The update is not save compatible (for possibly a tons of reason).

If the author frequent his game thread here, complain (in the said thread) and ask him to do his game better, keeping the save compatibility ; it's all that can be done.