HTML - Abandoned - How to Be an Evil Scientist [v0.1] [JamesSmith780]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Axelshadow

Written in v0.1

Now I know this game is basically an early alpha, so the review MIGHT change depending on its development. Also please keep in mind that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so some people might find this game fun or immersive and my review is not in any way objective.

Pro:
    -The Idea.

Cons:
    -The Writing.
    -The character stat system.
    -The impact of your decisions.

In summary: It's not a well-written game, not that fun or horny inducing. My suggestion is to wait for more updates before giving it a try if interested. More details are below.

First of all, I like the 'idea' of the game that we're some evil scientists wanting to take over the world or just causing chaos. Unfortunately, this early execution is not that good. The major component of this type of game is the writing--it makes or breaks its success. But after playing it I noticed that the writing is similar to what an edgy teen would write. I'm not expecting a best-selling novel level of writing of course, but even then I find it a bit painful to read through the game.

The MC dialogue is just so... Edgy. Not good, it's borderline cringey? (I don't really like using that word, but I got nothing better to use). It doesn't really give the player enough immersion from the writing.

What options available isn't that good either, for example, the player stat option. We're evil scientists, which means we're AT LEAST above average smart. Giving the player option to go full STRENGHT or AGILITY goes against the core theme of being an evil scientist--sure there are muscular scientists, but the point of being an evil scientist is to overcome the heroes with our intellect--if I want to go full barbarian or Ninja I wouldn't be a scientist. Maybe change it instead of strength and agility to some type of intelligence? Like robotics, Biologists, etc?

I know it's not easy to make good games or writings in general, so I'm not trying to give shit to the creator/author, my apology if my criticism offended anyone.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

herbz

reviewed as of v0.1, it is an interesting start, it has potential. However some passages are walls of white text and it can be quite hard to find the smut mixed in with the other text. This could be fixed by breaking the big paragraphs up, or by making speech italicized, or by adding some color so that it is easier to tell who is speaking .